No NASCAR for 12 weeks after today

jgantert

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 7, 2004
Aberdeen, MD
Maybe someday they will figure out why the stands aren't selling out. Oh well, at least we'll get to see the last few weeks on ABC.

NASCAR has really gone downhill since they don't race to the finish with the new rules anyway... Whoever made the rule of not racing to the checkered flag was an idiot.

-John

ahhhh.....what r you talking about??? do you not have dish or extended cable to get TNT and ESPN????? That is where they will be for the rest of the season. And what does that have to do with the people in the stands showing up?

Very Confused!

If you are OTA only the next time you'll see a race on OTA TV is when ABC has the chase......14 weeks from now
I dont have ESPN or TNT (Candian TV setup) but at least TSN has the races.....hopefully live. They are notorious for tape delaying the races

Only OTA here, so I'll have to wait for ABC to start carrying it again in the fall. I don't know if nascar.com streams or not, but I'm not a big fan of watching TV on the PC.

Not seeing NASCAR when it is on TNT is the price you pay for your decision to go OTA only.

If you need someone to gripe to - look in the mirror, it has been this way 2-3 years now.

Course there is always those who cannot afford cable tv or sat tv or att uverse.

Couse its 'our problem" not enough money left after paying bills like rent and food, to have enough left over to buy those extra items , yep must be.

I don't see why it is not carried on a ota station all the time. People who have cable are going to watch cable not ota. People without cable just sit around watching movies and deciding whether not to contuine to watch nascar.

Just another opinion.

I don't see why it is not carried on a ota station all the time.
Apparently there aren't enough revenues coming through the OTA route. I would imagine that any OTA coverage is a concession to the gubmint to avoid some sort of anti-trust difficulties.

I think it is silly and counter productive for NASCAR to have 3 or 4 different carriers broadcast various parts of their season.

Do I watch FOX, ESPN, ESPN2, TNT or ABC?

Well, its like NFL. The big difference is that all of the local NFL games are on OTA (even when your team is on ESPN or NFL Network, it is also broadcast on an OTA channel). Unfortunately, NASCAR has no concept of "home" team, so this won't work for them.

BTW, I chose OTA only because 90% of what I watch is on OTA. No need for me to spend the $70/mo for pay TV just to get 12 NASCAR races and watch the O's lose a bunch more times.

Get yourself a bigdish and youll never miss a race :)

I can see you are reading impaired. Just for hoots the last report i saw said 98 % of united states has access to cable,sat, or atts tv. But only 72 % are getting any of those services for what ever reason.

The same report said said 100 % of united states has access to OYA (analog).

I can see you are reading impaired. Just for hoots the last report i saw said 98 % of united states has access to cable,sat, or atts tv. But only 72 % are getting any of those services for what ever reason.

The same report said said 100 % of united states has access to OYA (analog).
He is not reading impaired,he means c band you can always find the race and other sports for free,there are other ways to see the things you want besides cable.Check out the fta section on this site and you will be suprised what you can find with a little bit of education and practice,after all where do you think cable gets their programming from.

As far as the stands not filling up goes, there's several reasons. Economy, ageing of the fans among others.
In my familys' case, not just the cost involved but the fact that they let a foreign car maker in the sport. Toyota is NOT an American car company. That's what Nascar was all about, good old American country boys racing their American hot rods.

As for not filling the stands well duh money. We went to charlotte for the 600, tix were 125 for the cup race, 90 for the nationwide race. 5 days in the hotel 600 bux, gas to charlotte and back 300 well you figure it out. Until prices come down they wont fill the stands. I went to a local track the other night and spent only 20 bucks including food and beer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts