No Netflix 4K on 4K Joeys

charlesrshell

SatelliteGuys Crazy
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 14, 2006
O'Fallon, IL
No Netflix 4K on both of my 4K Joeys Netflix apps. Both 4K joeys resolution is set for 4K. When I go thru the Netflix TV apps the 4K is working OK on both TVs. One TV is a LG OLED and the other is a 4K Vizio. Both TVs HDMI settings are set for 4K. Maybe I should have done a search first. Do the 4K Joeys not do 4K from Netflix? I know 4K Joeys do not do HDR.

No Netflix 4K on both of my 4K Joeys Netflix apps. Both 4K joeys resolution is set for 4K. When I go thru the Netflix TV apps the 4K is working OK on both TVs. One TV is a LG OLED and the other is a 4K Vizio. Both TVs HDMI settings are set for 4K. Maybe I should have done a search first. Do the 4K Joeys not do 4K from Netflix? I know 4K Joeys do not do HDR.
I think it has to do with HDR. The 4K Joey isn't capable of HDR so they just left Netflix at 1080 on the 4K Joey while it works great on the H3. It's the pits...

Thanks Bobby. I hope DISH support members see this thread and check into it.
I think they are well aware of it. It's been mentioned many times before. I don't think the 4K Joey hardware can handle the HDR and without it Netflix won't allow it in their app. Dish needs to come up with a new 4K Joey that can handle it.

I think they are well aware of it. It's been mentioned many times before. I don't think the 4K Joey hardware can handle the HDR and without it Netflix won't allow it in their app. Dish needs to come up with a new 4K Joey that can handle it.
Yep, for sure we need an updated 4K Joey. Also need an updated Wireless Joey.

I did a live chat with DISH. Here is the answer: "Please be advised that 4k resolution will only work for movies On Demand and on channel 540 only."

And also while we are at it, an updated 4K Wally. Yes, this has also been mentioned many times before (by me) but it is always worth repeating. ;)
I guess we are lucky to have what we have. I wish DISH would purchase Direct TV and expand big time. I am not a fan of streaming.

Reactions: TheKrell
I guess we are lucky to have what we have. I wish DISH would purchase Direct TV and expand big time. I am not a fan of streaming.
I don’t think purchasing them would allow them to expand. I think that would probably cause them to do the opposite, for debt reasons and because there wouldn’t be true competition forcing them to expand. Now, if they feared Orby, possibly. But I don’t see Orby as a threat yet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)