No New HD Explanation??

ReconPJ

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 27, 2006
Avondale, AZ
Since that new bird went up sometime ago, we have not had any new National HD. Is that due to the fact that when the NBA and NHL went off the air last June we received a bunch of new HD. Now that they are back on, are the channels that were originally planned for new HD (before the Echostar bird went down), now being dedicated to the NBA and NHL game plans?

Because Charlie has probably placed a bet on how many repetitive HD threads will end up on this forum by Christmas.

I believe the NHL and NBA packs are usually composed of remaps of the RSNs that broadcast the games CONUS already. Only the few broadcast by another provider have to be picked up, and I think those go an the same shared space with the other RSNs. So I don't think these are taking much space.

Are you implying some posters are NOT children? I can't believe that. (Yes this is sarcasm). I love the back and forth insults. Reminds me of my youth.

well i'm glad to see that there are still some that aren't all uptight over nothing :)

this is charlie's fault!!!! if we had new hd we wouldn't be fighting like this!!!:mad::D

TO me there are not that many channels that are broadcasting in TRUE HD that dish doesn't have. Now there are some launching channels coming soon (ie MLB channel) that dish will not carry at launch that i am frustrated over. Here in Tulsa we still don't have our locals in HD and direct has had them for a year or more. I think most people would rather have the locals than Spike or whatever in HD. I understand lots already have their locals and so they don't understand but take those away and you would be smoking hot!

TO me there are not that many channels that are broadcasting in TRUE HD that dish doesn't have. Now there are some launching channels coming soon (ie MLB channel) that dish will not carry at launch that i am frustrated over. Here in Tulsa we still don't have our locals in HD and direct has had them for a year or more. I think most people would rather have the locals than Spike or whatever in HD. I understand lots already have their locals and so they don't understand but take those away and you would be smoking hot!

I NEED Spike-HD and ESPN-U HD. These both have LIVE HD content that I can't get any other legal way. UNC and Kentucky tonight for example and of course the UFC on Spike. I feel for the markets that don't have locals in HD but DISH needs to keep up with DirecTv channel for channel or risk being irrelevant.

I had a Dish Network Technician out at my house today and he said that Dish network is working on finishing the Eastern Arc Project but the problem so they can free up bandwidth and he said "soon".

Where have I heard that word before? hmm....

I had a Dish Network Technician out at my house today and he said that Dish network is working on finishing the Eastern Arc Project but the problem so they can free up bandwidth and he said "soon".

Where have I heard that word before? hmm....

The only people less knowledgeable than techs when it comes to when new HD will be added are... well nobody. :)

Look, why doesnt everyone just chill out a little? Who cares how many posts someone has or how much they post a day (or why they have the time to do that for that matter)? For the most part everyone here just wants to have a little fun, and blow off some steam. No need to attack them for that, or to single one person out for using a joke that COUNTLESS posters have used in COUNTLESS dish network threads. Now lets all hold hands and sing a happy song:p

Ok is there someone on this forum with real inside information on new HD. There has to be an insider fron dish around here that can give us real info and status, not the SOON we will have new hd crap that a csr said.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts