No new OTA guide Data

Deadlocked

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
From an email I received,

Thank you for expressing your concerns and interest in DISH Network. Customer input is an important tool in our efforts to continuously improve the quality of the DISH Network service.

I did receive an update concerning this matter. I was informed the bandwidth constraints will not allow us to include OTA information in our EPG at this time. I do apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. If in the future you have any further questions or concerns please feel free to email us again

We appreciate the time DISH Network customers take to email their audio/video quality concerns. Thank you for your patience and for being a valued customer.

I personally call bull at this because guide data cannot take up that much bandwidth where you can't even have OTA guide data for a station you have a satellite feed up for THAT HAS GUIDE DATA.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What was the purpose of your inquiry? What are/were you not receiving that you thought you should?

I get guide data for all my OTA stations. Are you not?

Not everyone does. It has been a problem for several years now. We get guide data for KOKI our Fox but nothing for MeTv or Escape on its subchannels, same thing for sister station KMYT MyNet has data as does subchannel GetTv but nothing on 3rd subchannel for GritTv which was Zuus until a few days ago. Our PBS OETA has guide data for the main PBS and the OKla subchannel but nothing for PBS Create but then does have guide data for PBS Kids. Nothing for the 5 TBN channels or some of the other religious channels or the spanish channels

What was the purpose of your inquiry? What are/were you not receiving that you thought you should?

I get guide data for all my OTA stations. Are you not?

1. A ton of my OTA stations show "Digital Service" where guide date should be.

2. Some OTA channels need to be labeled better.

3. CW (which we lost for over a month last year due to a dispute) satellite feed is still in SD along with #2.

4. Incorrect guide date on one of the PBS sub channels.

5. Our ION affiliate has guide date on the satellite feed but "Digital Service" on the OTA feed.

If they are not going to provide guide data in the satellite stream, then at least enable the psip data for the OTA tuners when sat info is not available. We have very good psip info around here and in most cases it will be better than Digital Service. If they are going to market OTA tuners and charge us for locals and guide data which they remove in disputes, then they should be doing something more than Digital Service or No Information.

1. A ton of my OTA stations show "Digital Service" where guide date should be
2. Our ION affiliate has guide date on the satellite feed but "Digital Service" on the OTA feed, which is my HD feed.
3. PBS station has no data but sat feed does, this used to have the data but disappeared some time ago.

Watch a lot of PBS and setting manual timers really sucks. Can't see EA birds where my SAT HD locals are.

If they are not going to provide guide data in the satellite stream, then at least enable the psip data for the OTA tuners when sat info is not available. We have very good psip info around here and in most cases it will be better than Digital Service. If they are going to market OTA tuners and charge us for locals and guide data which they remove in disputes, then they should be doing something more than Digital Service or No Information.
I've been saying this very thing for YEARS now. It should be an easy fix to let the receiver read the psip data . My damn tv does it now and they get it all over the air.

Reactions: foghorn2
I think the issue is it doesn't give 7-9 days worth of data

so......any data is better than a 9 day block of Digital Service and after some emails from me to the station engineers, most of my locals provide 4 days of guide data. I have 3 Pal Dvrs that are still working fine with psip only data.

I had contacted DISH network as well some time ago regarding not receiving OTA guide information for my local KERA (PBS) WORLD channel. They replied back to me stating that they cannot provide EPG information for this channel. Dish only carries the primary PBS channel KERA and do not carry KERA WORLD. In order for DISH to provide that information they must carry the service.

I had contacted DISH network as well some time ago regarding not receiving OTA guide information for my local KERA (PBS) WORLD channel. They replied back to me stating that they cannot provide EPG information for this channel. Dish only carries the primary PBS channel KERA and do not carry KERA WORLD. In order for DISH to provide that information they must carry the service.

That is wrong too, they provide subchannel data for many channels they don't carry, it is just hit or miss now

:deadhorse

Dish isn't doing squat about OTA channels anymore. It's clearly obvious, and has been for 1+ years now, that if anything related to them break, is changed by the station, etc, you are SOL.

Take a look at this thread: http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/thr...t-or-displaying-digital-service.246013/page-9. It's probably easier to start at the last page and go backwards.... NO ONE is reporting that they've seen guide data get fixed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)