No new OTA guide Data

Dish, we all want our local over the air guide data. These channels are free to everyone, all you need to get them is the $30 usb tuner that YOU sell. Could you maybe send the guide data through the Internet if you are out of sat capacity?

This is where the local teclos and cable shine, The have way better local recording capabilities/guides.

You figure by now Dish would be the leader in this .

Reactions: TheKrell
This is where the local teclos and cable shine, The have way better local recording capabilities/guides.

You figure by now Dish would be the leader in this .
I think that they are only interested in supplying guide information from the main 4 networks and possibly their sub channels. They are afraid that if more people are watching ota , that the need for satellite tv would wane. People might cut down more on their programming like Welcome pack and use the ota portion more .

Dish, we all want our local over the air guide data. These channels are free to everyone, all you need to get them is the $30 usb tuner that YOU sell.
It is funny that you should mention this as my tuner dongle brings in an OTA guide channel. It doesn't list any channels that DISH doesn't already detail but it may be something worth looking into.

For my area, Comcast and Charter don't carry most of the obscure channels so however competant their guide is, it doesn't much help. After all, we are talking about programming that neither service offers.

Lifetime guide data anywhere else is going to cost you $5/month or more.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts