No onscreen caller ID

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

tattoohead

Original poster
Jul 6, 2012
WI
Just switched from DirecTV to Dish on 6-16-12 and have a question. On my old equipment (DirectTV) the caller ID would show up just fine. Upon installing 1 Hopper and 3 Joey's it isn't working. The tech checked everything as I did (settings, etc) and everything looks to be good. When I asked the installation tech about this problem he said it would come in a future update.

Shouldn't the Hoppers be ready for this feature out of the box? Has this happened to anyone else?

Thanks for any replies.

I know if on other receivers, Calller ID failed, DISH did NOT deem it a problem and would not send a replacement receiver. I had to live with no Caller ID until another problem crept up... TV2 died.

Yeah, activated it in the menu and also tested the phone line via the diagnostics screen. Says it knows it's there, just doesn't pick up any caller ID. I can use my online account via the Hopper so I'm fairly certain the phone line is working.

That feature came in handy. I would always use it since I have two lines. I would be on the one line and the phone would ring and I could tell whether or not to answer the 2nd line.

Oh well, I guess I'll just have to start looking at the caller ID on the phone...lol. Not too hard of a solution, just not as 'tekky'.

I know people who after an exchange got ViP's that did NOT display Caller ID. They lived with it as they did not the hassle of RMA (although now I've learned from this thread that Dish won't RMA just for Caller ID). They got a separate caller ID display device and use that.

I was thinking caller id would be handy, but then I remembered we only get about one call a month on the landline so its not worth the effort.

There is a problem with the caller ID. Dish says a future update will fix it but those of us that have the problem are getting tired of waiting. I know there are a few bigger issues still out there but I would think this would be an easy fix. I don't know why they wouldn't just fix it. Then they could do as they wish with the other problems.

There is no problem with caller ID on a global basis. Dish is not going to fix it on a future update. A Hopper is a Hopper is a Hopper. We all have the same firmware. I have not had a problem with caller ID since I was installed on March 17. There may be a problem with individual hardware but certainly not software.

There may be a problem with individual hardware but certainly not software.
DIRT team has already confirmed Caller ID software issues in the past. s213 helped some people who were previously having issues so Dish is fixing it.

If someone is still having issues, message DIRT and make a bug report.

There is definitely a problem with caller-ID. I have two hoppers and have split the phone line to connect each. I need to due a cold shutdown on them and then caller-ID works for a few hours or a few days. But then, independently, they stop displaying/logging incoming calls. Then its cold shutdown time again. I wish DISH would get this fixed. It worked much better on earlier versions of the software.

Try disconnected the phone line on one of the Hoppers. They should talk to each other with just one phone line connected I believe....

Same here. Caller Id had worked since I had my install. The other afternoon it just stopped working. Ran the test connections, phone connection showed red. I did the red button reset and it has been working fine since the reset.

Mine seems to work one day, then not the next. It's very random with the Hopper. When I had my VIP722k, it worked w/o a problem. I was actually surprised, the first time I seen it appear on the Hopper. I just thought it was done away with. But like I said, sometimes it shows up, other times it don't.

Ghpr13:)

Last edited:
Mine has been working pretty consistently since the second day I've had it. I chalked up any first day issues to the fact that a lot of updating was happening on the box...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)