No or bad signal on C-Band

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Rectifier

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Mar 31, 2005
For the past couple of days me and my father have been playing around with a SatWorks ST3688 that he had bought around a year ago, we have only been using Ku-Band, and just tried C-Band, and no matter where we go on the sat arc, we get no signal, when we scan a satellite, we get no level, and no quality, and we aren't sure why. We have found a few stations on Ku-Band, like auction stuff..and chinese, and japanese game shows and soap operas, but that's not why we bought the MPEG-2 receiver, we bought it so we could get stations like WB, UPN, NBC, ABC, etc. etc. since we live out in the middle of no where, we can't get our local stations on the air waves. We are thinking it's a problem with the satellite...since the satellite box seems to have a mind of it own, turns off when we turn on our 4DTV receiver, and won't turn back on when we turn off the 4DTV receiver.

If anyone has any ideas, please say something.

Welcome :wave
If you aim at G10, that has a bunch of US networks in KU band:)

I know there are others with a C-Band setup and a DVB receiver. Hopefully they can chime in

It may be with the powering of the C-Band LNB, do you get analog c-band signals?

If so go to a sat with analog c-band signals and use a two way satellite splitter with the common port going to the LNB. The power passing port should go to the analog side of things and the non power passing side of the two way to the MPEG receiver. Then you should be able to scan one polarity at a time but not both.

Wholeshoe

Scanning G0 now...and think we found the problem with the sat box having a mind of it's own...thinking maybe the 4DTV got a little fried when the power went out last week.

btw, I read some where on these forums, that you need to have an LNBF, we only have an LNB, could this cause problems?

no
the difference between a LNB and a LNBF (in this situation) is a LNBF can have the polarity controlled by the DVB receiver (in this case, the Satowrk)
a LNB would need something to coontrol polarity (the analog receiver would do that). If I understand it right, if you hook a LNB to a DVB receiver, you will only get one polarity

okay, that clears things up with that...that scan going pretty slow...only at 20% and hasn't found anything yet.

btw, Since we started playing with MPEG2, we have found that a few satellites aren't where we thought they are...is there any site that can tell me the...I'm not sure what to call it...on my analog box when it moves the dish it says "Going to G4 at 4672" or something close to that number...I need to know that number "4672" or how to find it.

okay, my dad just decided to stop the search, and it was at around 35-40% and it found 3 pay stations...and during the scan it found 0 signals...qestion....who the hell would pay to watch JC Penny network!!! (one ofthe pay stations) my dad has started a scan from 1000, to 3000mMGhz.

its for JC Penny's employees :)

If you are on G10 (or G0 in your case) :)
scan vertical only...most everything is on there :D

Well, doing a scan from 11700mghz, to 12180mghz I got back 31 stations...19 radio, and 12 video...only 3 stations on the video were open, the rest were scrambled.

Looking at the info for each station...they are all Horizontal...and I'm not sure how to scan vertical only :(

any ideas?

that isnt right....should be more TV than radio
How is it hooked up? Is it "slaved" from the 4DTV?

make sure the 4DTV is on Vertical polarity and on KU band
On the satwork, the LO frequency should be 10750

The Satwork is hooked up directly to the dish...the 4DTV is hooked up directly aswell I think..we basiclly have the analog box to fine tune, and watch analog TV (ABC wild feeds, etc. etc.)

Still not sure how to scan vertical only...there is no settings for it in the scan on the Satwork, we set G0 to Ku band, and had it set to vertical, and rescanning now....but on the scan it's picking up horizontal (is that possible?), I'm not sure how to set the LO frequency...is that the starting frequency for the scan?

It sounds to me like your hooked up to C-Band with your analog setup and KU with the MPEG receiver.

You need to slave the MPEG receiver to your analog setup and use the analog setup to control the polarity of the c-band LNB.

Wholeshoe

we now have 48 video, and 30 something radio :) we have all the local stations that are mentioned on http://www.lyngsat.com/g10r.html...but something odd...not sure if it's normal or not, on some of the stations, the audio is about 1/4 second late...but if I change the chanel, and then to a recall and go back to the previous chanel, everything is fine, is this due to clouds or something blocking reception?

Rectifier said:
something odd...not sure if it's normal or not, on some of the stations, the audio is about 1/4 second late...but if I change the chanel, and then to a recall and go back to the previous chanel, everything is fine, is this due to clouds or something blocking reception?
I have the same problem with my satworks 3618, both The Tube and The Pentagon Channel have a delay with the audio. I havent been able to figure out why yet. I have input in the correct info from lyngsat manually and i still get the delay. There is one setting in the channel setup (where i input in freq, symb. rate, audio PID, etc.) that i havent been able to find info on (PCR) When i bland scan channels in it always comes up as 0891. Anyone know what that setting is for, and how i can find the correct info to input into it?

Pentagon on G10 has a delay...it is that way on the Pansat (and the Viacast)

Tube is fine for audio :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts