No ota on tv2

keithjo

Original poster
Sep 6, 2007
Ithaca, MI
I've got my outside antenna hooked up to my vip622 and on tv1 they show up in the guide just like any other channel although no info is available but on my tv2 they are not available thru the guide or any other way. Can someone please point me in the right direction to getting my ota channels on tv2.
Thanks,

Keith

"This behavior is by design"

OTA channels only available on TV1 or on TV2 when the box is in single mode.

One workaround is to start an OTA recording on TV1, you can immediately start playback on TV2.

Or the most complex method is split the OTA signal before it enters the 622 and combine it with the output of tuner2 and send it to the remote TV and let that TV's tuner tune the OTA channels.

Or the most complex method is split the OTA signal before it enters the 622 and combine it with the output of tuner2 and send it to the remote TV and let that TV's tuner tune the OTA channels.
I just did this on my new 625. I bought a super home node at EAGLE ASPEN SHN24-KIT SIGNAL COMBINER/AMPLIFIED 4-WAY SPLITTER. One side takes the OTA input the other input is the TV2 output. Its was actually quite easy to setup for me and works well.

Unless the OP's TV2 is HD, that won't help him. I am assuming he is talking about OTA HD channels.

Does DISH722 support QAM for Comcast local stations?

Lose 1 OTA ONLY when windy???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)