No OTA tuners available

jrhut11

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 18, 2012
Springfield, MO
As of noon today I noticed my that my local NBC and ABC stations may no longer be available to Dish customers by 12:01AM December 21st. I have a two hopper one joey system and thought no big deal, I would just order a couple of the OTA tuners from dish. I already have an antenna with cable ran left over from my 922 and 722K days. I had not gotten around to ordering the tuners yet. I didn't even have a clue that this issue was coming up. I have the antenna hooked directly to the tv's right now but of course I will not have the ability to record anything from 2 of the big 4 networks if this comes to pass. I am just ranting a bit because I had no idea this was happening until 4 days before the deadline. I wonder if the OTA tuners will become available again anytime soon? Like I said I am mainly just mad that if I had done as a lot of others did and ordered the tuners as soon as they became available I would not be in this situation. :mad:

The Mayan long-count calendar also ends on December 21st, which is supposed to signal the end of the world as we know it, so I wouldn't worry too much about losing HD locals. ;)

Not having a built-in OTA tuner option is the reason I kept my 722 and didn't go with a Hopper.

The only place these OTA Modules for the Hopper have been really advertised and talked about has been here at SatelliteGuys. I love seeing that thy are sold out now. :)

The only place these OTA Modules for the Hopper have been really advertised and talked about has been here at SatelliteGuys. I love seeing that thy are sold out now. :)
But there's a number of people here who think the average Hopper customer was waiting and waiting for these and there was so much demand, that's why they're gone ! I say it's exactly as you describe - members here are far and away the majority of the buyers of this device. I am certain that if Dish were to ever release the number of modules that they initially ordered and sold out of, it would be a lot lower than most think !

Any clue on when these puppies will be available? I swapped my vip722 for a hopper/joey over the weekend. After the swap the installer said no OTAs are available. So now I'm S.O.L. on getting my PBS channels in HD. :confused:

Maybehey are ading atttenuators to the front end because the signal readg 100 on a digital item is bad. hat will surely distort the 8VSB signal. On commercial receivers, 25 to 80 is normal and above that is troublesome. Of course these are not the same as those receivers, but would be my first try if I saw it, but I am back ordered on mine.

Maybehey are ading atttenuators to the front end because the signal readg 100 on a digital item is bad. hat will surely distort the 8VSB signal. On commercial receivers, 25 to 80 is normal , I and above that is troublesome. Of course these are not the same as those receivers, but would be my first try if I saw it, but I am back ordered on mine.
Sorry...you were trying to say what??

Their price break was probably at 50 units and that is what they ordered :)

But there's a number of people here who think the average Hopper customer was waiting and waiting for these and there was so much demand, that's why they're gone ! I say it's exactly as you describe - members here are far and away the majority of the buyers of this device. I am certain that if Dish were to ever release the number of modules that they initially ordered and sold out of, it would be a lot lower than most think !

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts