No Pay Per View Freebies with 722?

shimma

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 16, 2006
A few months ago I Dished it Up with a VIP722. The installer took their 311 but I saved the 211 for my second SD bedroom tv, anticipating an eventual HDTV replacement.

When the 211 was my primary receiver I enjoyed free Pay Per Views on channel 9465. I still do, in SD.

The phone-line-connected 722 does not provide the same ammenity. I get a "Available for Purchase" message instead.

Does anyone know why I can't watch free movies on ch 9465? Thanks.:confused:

All I know is right now I'm watching "Hairspray" on ch 9465 through the 211and I'm not paying for it.:D

All I know is right now I'm watching "Hairspray" on ch 9465 through the 211and I'm not paying for it.:D

Should have kept it quiet.

If Dishnetwork finds out who you are (in real life) they will kill the free PPV in a second. They might even get nasty and try to charge you for the PPVs you watched, or worse...file a lawsuit accusing you of being a hacker.

Wow, I never expected an angry s++tstorm from some of you. Frankly I thought this was simply a "gimmie" trial offered to all 211 users. I surely didn't hack anything.

Shimma - Do you have a phone line plugged in? Are you sure that the box just hasn't reported in yet?

Check your purchase history to make sure it has not been ordered by accident. Dish is very hard when it comes to ppv. every agent is required to disclosres that ppvs are non refundable and that they do not guarantee the length of the event. In rare cases they will be adjusted as a one time courtesy. When I was with dish, i got to see alot of customers calling in to remove hbo, but they did not have them in their accounts. They were getting them free. If it was a nice customer to me, i would not do anything. if the customer was mean .. lol I would send a "hit" aka authorization signal and it would take it away.

Another thread that needs to be moved to the Dish Forums

Actually no it doesn't, since this is regarding a 722 and a 211 (both HD receivers) this is the appropriate forum if you read the descriptions of the forums.

I got a free replay of a WWE PPV once because it rained and I lost the signal.

They made a deal with me, they would send out an installer to look at my dish. If it was positioned correctly, I would pay for the extra PPV and the service call. If not, they would fix it. This was before I knew ANYTHING about dishes. I still don't know much, but I know enough that I can talk resonably intelligently.

Anyway, the guy came out and said he was surprised I got any picture. It was pointed right into the trunk of a tree 25 feet away.

He moved it, and now I only lose signal when it really pours rain.

I got a free replay of a WWE PPV once because it rained and I lost the signal.

Anyway, the guy came out and said he was surprised I got any picture. It was pointed right into the trunk of a tree 25 feet away.

He moved it, and now I only lose signal when it really pours rain.
So what was the problem, rain (fade) or pointed at the tree ? It ain't both... If it was truly pointed at a tree, you'd get no signal in rain or no rain.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)