No picture on HD channels with 211

kevcar0603

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jan 25, 2005
Is anyone else losing the picture on the HD channels on the 211? I got my box two days ago and already had to do a hard reset twice to get the picture back. I am using component out. I also had my guide switch to descending ( I have it set to ascending ) while I was scrolling through.

With my 811, I have had the guide loose all info and switch to descending and become non-responsive twice in the last week. A soft reset fixes the problem....

kevcar0603 said:
Is anyone else losing the picture on the HD channels on the 211? I got my box two days ago and already had to do a hard reset twice to get the picture back. I am using component out. I also had my guide switch to descending ( I have it set to ascending ) while I was scrolling through.

One of our customers experienced the same problem.
We called tech support, and hopefully a sw update will correct the problem.

fred

Yep

I have to hard reset about 5 times a day. It's bs. I am truly getting fed up. I get different answers every time I call. I guess they are going to send me out another one sometime, maybe. Supposedly a level 2 tech was suppose to call within 24/48 hours. It's been 4 days and no one has called. I just called back again and they told me the same thing. I doubt anyone will call me. So, I guess I will be stuck with this pos. Now I'm stuck with another 18 months since I signed up for the new package. ( just had to stop and reset my 211; wait,411 that was supposed to be a 211 again) It may just be a sw issue. But I get the run around with every single issue I have. CSR's have absolutely no clue. I think the reason they are outsourced overseas is so one of us doesn't drive to their location and kick their ass!!

I posted a thread about how my 811 started having problems this weekend. Similar problems, video freezing or dropping out all together. It has to reboot and download everything all over again. Never did this until this weekend. I'm waiting for a definitive answer from E* as well, but it seems like it just maybe a "quirk," as some have said.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts