No Plan to add TruTv Hd etc.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

talljoel

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 15, 2007
I sent an e-mail addressed to Directv’s CEo which includes these two paragraphs:

“I appreciate the recent addition of AMC-HD, but there are many basic HD channels that are missing from Directv’s lineup.

If the following channels are not added in HD ( TCM, TruTV, History International , E, Nat Geo Wild, HLN, OWN and DIY) ; I will probably switch to a television provider that has these channels in HD.”

I received the following response from the Directv Customer Advocate team:

“We appreciate the opportunity to respond to your concerns.

We don't carry the channels you mention right now and do not have plans to add them to our lineup; however, we forwarded your request to DIRECTV Management for review. Be assured your feedback is important to us and we often make changes based on our viewer's comments.

Please be aware, any proposed channel additions to our current lineup are subject to change until a formal announcement is made. For the latest information on channel additions, please visit our website at directv.com/pr or directv.com/hdchannels.
Sincerely,

Mara
DIRECTV Customer Advocate Team”

I expected Directv to say they were negotiating and these channels maybe would be added in the future. But, no plans to add them to our lineup. That is pretty clear statement. If you want those channels in HD anytime soon – get a different TV provider.

I'd like to have DIY, NatGeo Wild and BBC America in HD, but I'm not leaving D* to get them. I'm a pretty happy customer and as a Colts fan living in the Cincinnati market I'd rarely get to see my team play if I moved to Dish.

I'd like for every channel that is available in HD to be broadcast in HD, but I realize that there are limits to what D* can do with the bandwidth that they have. Different programming matters to different people, but for me, I'm good with what I have.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

That's a canned response sent to anyone inquiring about channels or HD, no matter what it is you're asking about. I got the exact same response when I asked about AMC HD two months ago. Anything that has not been publicly announced by the company is denied. That way people like you can't come running to boards like this and blab. Because if you did that and got the rumor mill churning, and the deal fell through or plans were delayed, people wouldn't be pissed at you, they'd be pissed at Directv. So they deny all until they announce it.

And way to commit to the cancellation if they don't appease you.. "Probably" is such a strong word.. :rolleyes:

Thread over. Nothing to see here..

Last edited:
That's a canned response sent to anyone inquiring about channels or HD, no matter what it is you're asking about. I got the exact same response when I asked about AMC HD two months ago. Anything that has not been publicly announced by the company is denied. That way people like you can't come running to boards like this and blab. Because if you did that and got the rumor mill churning, and the deal fell through or plans were delayed, people wouldn't be pissed at you, they'd be pissed at Directv. So they deny all until they announce it.

And way to commit to the cancellation if they don't appease you.. "Probably" is such a strong word.. :rolleyes:

Thread over. Nothing to see here..

People like me?

Reporting what Directv told me is “blabbing”?

Back in April 2010 , I started a thread about how to get the 3 free months of Showtime and Starz plus the entire season of MLB Extra inning free.

After reading my post at least a half dozen people said they got the promotion. One guy said if he knew me in person he would buy me a beer. He seemed happy I “blabbed”.

Isn’t passing along information what this site is about?

I definitely did not commit to cancelling Directv.

There is no downside to letting Directv know if they do not add more HD I may leave.

I got a similar reply when I wrote to them asking them (1) why I didn't have Fox Deportes when the lineup for the Sportspack lists it, (2) why a few locals are missing on the AM21, (Which I answered myself by reading stuff on here before their reply), and (3) requesting NatGeo Wild, HLN, and TruTV in HD. (I am a new customer and, other than those few minor things and being outside the stupid 75-mile radius for Bobcats basketball am VERY happy with Directv over Time Warner.)

talljoel said:
People like me?

Reporting what Directv told me is ?blabbing??

There is no downside to letting Directv know if they do not add more HD I may leave.

Blab away, that's what the site is here for. :)

Sent from my iPad using The SatelliteGuys app!

I sent an e-mail addressed to Directv’s CEo which includes these two paragraphs:

“I appreciate the recent addition of AMC-HD, but there are many basic HD channels that are missing from Directv’s lineup.

If the following channels are not added in HD ( TCM, TruTV, History International , E, Nat Geo Wild, HLN, OWN and DIY) ; I will probably switch to a television provider that has these channels in HD.”

I received the following response from the Directv Customer Advocate team:

“We appreciate the opportunity to respond to your concerns.

We don't carry the channels you mention right now and do not have plans to add them to our lineup; however, we forwarded your request to DIRECTV Management for review. Be assured your feedback is important to us and we often make changes based on our viewer's comments.

Please be aware, any proposed channel additions to our current lineup are subject to change until a formal announcement is made. For the latest information on channel additions, please visit our website at directv.com/pr or directv.com/hdchannels.
Sincerely,

Mara
DIRECTV Customer Advocate Team”

I expected Directv to say they were negotiating and these channels maybe would be added in the future. But, no plans to add them to our lineup. That is pretty clear statement. If you want those channels in HD anytime soon – get a different TV provider.

Sounded like the generic response to me, them saying they have no plans to add them, isn't really addressing them with you, just shows that they are not at the moment.

Sounded like the generic response to me, them saying they have no plans to add them, isn't really addressing them with you, just shows that they are not at the moment.

Like I said, I got the same response, word for word (except for the name), when I asked about AMC HD two months ago. And we all know that deal wasn't just thrown together in the last month and a half.

People like me?

Reporting what Directv told me is “blabbing”?

Back in April 2010 , I started a thread about how to get the 3 free months of Showtime and Starz plus the entire season of MLB Extra inning free.

After reading my post at least a half dozen people said they got the promotion. One guy said if he knew me in person he would buy me a beer. He seemed happy I “blabbed”.

Isn’t passing along information what this site is about?

I definitely did not commit to cancelling Directv.

So what if they had said "This is our timeline" and you came a running over here with your copy/paste.. Then for whatever reason they don't make the timeline.. People aren't going to post here all pissed at you for giving them wrong information, they'll be calling up Directv demanding credits and threatening to cancel because "talljoel said TruHD would be here on X date, and it isn't". Hell, people got all bent because AMC went live on a Friday rather than a Wednesday. So yeah, people like you. Blabbing. Is why they send that canned response.

And like I said, 'probably' is a great word to use if you want to instill fear of cancellation in the hearts of those infidels who are intentionally withholding HD from you. :rolleyes:

JerseyMatt said:
So what if they had said "This is our timeline" and you came a running over here with your copy/paste.. Then for whatever reason they don't make the timeline.. People aren't going to post here all pissed at you for giving them wrong information, they'll be calling up Directv demanding credits and threatening to cancel because "talljoel said TruHD would be here on X date, and it isn't". Hell, people got all bent because AMC went live on a Friday rather than a Wednesday. So yeah, people like you. Blabbing. Is why they send that canned response.

And like I said, 'probably' is a great word to use if you want to instill fear of cancellation in the hearts of those infidels who are intentionally withholding HD from you. :rolleyes:

This is a discussion forum. We can discuss whatever we want. There is no need for you to be a jerk just because you think he is "blabbing"!

Sent from my iPad 2 using the SatelliteGuys App

This is a discussion forum. We can discuss whatever we want. There is no need for you to be a jerk just because you think he is "blabbing"!

Sent from my iPad 2 using the SatelliteGuys App

There was no need for this thread either, especially the comment at the end of the OP. He got a meaningless canned response and he posted it up here as if it were gospel.

All I did was point out WHY he got the response he did. Take it as you will.

JerseyMatt, you have a strange way of looking at things

You have no problem with Directv giving as you say a “meaningless canned response.”

What gets you upset is someone repeating Directv’s “meaningless canned response”

You say I posted Directv’s statement “as if it were gospel.” You must do a lot of reading between the lines to find hidden meanings that do not exist. I certainly did not vouch for Directv’s truthfulness.

You say “All I did was point out WHY he got the response he did.” No, you did more than that. You made the disparaging comment that reporting information received from Directv is “blabbing”. It is not like Directv’s “meaningless canned response “ was a secret just between the two of us.

You mention two months ago you contacted Directv about AMC HD.
And you just stated on this discussion board that Directv gave you the same meaningless canned response that I received. You just told everyone what Directv told you. You were blabbing!

You also take acceptation to my telling Directv if they do not add more basic HD I probably will switch television providers. How you interpret that to mean I am calling Directv “infidels who are intentionally withholding HD” is frightening

People like you like you try to inhibit the free exchange of information. I agree with the founder of this site. “Blab away, that's what the site is here for.”

I also agree with the Pub Member / Supporter who said: This is a discussion forum. We can discuss whatever we want. There is no need for you to be a jerk

Can we all just get along ....

This board is here to share information, so, please share....

Joel,
D* gets thousands of requests like yours daily I'm sure, which is why they don't always have time to address each request personally, thus the "Canned Response".

Not to sound ruthless, but if you sent a email to D* saying you were leaving if you didn't get such and such channels, by such and such time you were leaving, they said, OK... we can't please EVERYONE, they go by what is beast of the company.

Anybody that saids they are leaving if they don't get something is handled the same way, they have Millions of subs and more every day.

They figure the majority will either wait till they get the channel or move on.
They hope you stay of course, but if not, there more coming.

That said, it would be nice if they took surveys with thier current subs asking what they do want.

You also have to realize that they basically said the status of any service they don'tt currently offer could change at any time when a simple "public annoucement".

There was no need for this thread either, especially the comment at the end of the OP. He got a meaningless canned response and he posted it up here as if it were gospel.

Forums are like TV if you don't like whats on change the channel.. You don't like what's posted don't respond. Despite what you think the OP
has valid information.

Meaning less to you but nobody else.

Please leave the moderation to the moderators. Also enough of the flaming, this is your first and last warning from me.

The entire point of the site is for users to discuss things which they feel is important, not discussions that JerseyMatt feels are important.

shorthand....story time

Back when there were 4 providers 3 ended in "Star"
Alphastar
Primestar
Echostar (Dish's parent company)
Directv

So it became A*, P*, E* and by default, D*

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)