No pocketdish transfers with Eastern Arch Mpeg 4

legatebroke

SatelliteGuys Family
I purchased a 402E Pocketdish for my daughter for christmas. We went to transfer some of her DVR content, but when we would select any title that was an SD channel we got the warning that pocketdish does not support HD program transfer at this time. I put in a eastern arch dish a few months back, so we went further down the DVR list to to show recorded on western arch mpeg 2 show and they will transfer. I assume that the pocketdish does not support Mpeg 4 content transfer wether it is SD or HD. Has anyone else come across this problem, any solutions other than reinstalling my western arch dish?

Well, "PocketDish" has been discontinued but not the support for the Archos devices. Dish was still promoting the Archos device and the ViP STB's ability to transfer recordings on a recent Tech Forum. They also said on that Tech Forum that current Archos do NOT support any of the HD (and one could now say any of the MPEG4). The current solution for those wanting to transfer HD content is to record it using the SD channel. Then it will transfer. Of course, this doesn't help if one wants to transfer channels that are available ONLY in HD (HDNET, Smith, Palladium, etc,). I remember Mark saying that Archos will have a device that will support MPEG4 and HD transfers from the ViP (although not displayed in HD). So, keep visiting the Archos website and Google to find when it releases. Certainly this year.

I was told by a dish tech that any SD recorded on eastern arch will transfer to the pocketdish. Check the archos website for a widget to install that will allow the transfer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts