No Price Change??

ageism

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 2, 2006
Just got my Dish Newsletter and the following was there. Maybe I drank to much coffee. I do not beleive it. Must be Spam. DISH Network is still proud to offer our lowest everyday prices and pleased to announce that we are freezing pricing on popular packages and services. No Price Changes for 2009 DISH Network HD programming packages ? BronzeHD, SilverHD and GoldHD Most popular Premium movie channel packages DishFAMILY and other basic all-digital programming packages Local channels DishHOME Protection Plan Additional television connections Maybe I will awake from this dream.

Last edited:
I just saw it as well. Repeating to make it easier to read:

DISH Network is still proud to offer our lowest everyday prices and pleased to announce that we are freezing pricing on popular packages and services.
No Price Changes for 2009
DISH Network HD programming packages ? BronzeHD, SilverHD and GoldHD
Most popular Premium movie channel packages
DishFAMILY and other basic all-digital programming packages
Local channels
DishHOME Protection Plan
Additional television connections

Is this a back-peddle?

The gray area is:

DishFAMILY and other basic all-digital programming packages

YEah..I got it too. NO PRICE CHANGE?? So I'm imagining Bronze went up to $29.95 from $24.95? Oh I get it..no more price changes the rest of the year. Well that's convienent because don't they only change prices once a year in Feb. anyway??

Sounds like good old fashion marketing hogwash spin.

But where is this said. All I can see that this came out in 2008 and was up to Feb 2009. My bill went up 7 and kind of pisses me off.

That was one of the worst news letters I have ever seen. So very unprofessional and very strange formatting. What's with the random question marks thrown in...

DISH Network HD programming packages ? BronzeHD, SilverHD and GoldHD

DISH Network?where we continually strive to provide great value, great TV & great customer service.

If I would have put together a email like this to the customers of where I work I would have been in trouble! Do they not have Microsoft Word or any modern word processor?

Now I see why they went up on the dvr advantage pack by $8.00. So they could provide you a $3.00 "Exclusive! Dvr advantage CREDIT. RIGHT!

I knew there was no earthly reason why they would go up on this pack by $8.00 since they have not added anything in the way of new channels. HD versions of regular sd channels do not count in the way of new programming because it cost no more to add the hd versions than the sd ones.

So DISH is spinning all their price changes as PERKS and NO PRICE CHANGES ! The real kicker is they will "SAVE" you $5.00 a month by NOT charging you for not having a phone or internet connection to your duo receiver,which they were charging you last month for not having. Simply spin it so that it looks like they are giving you something free for your trouble. Oh and you can save up to $12.00 a year on each of your dvr receiver. They drop the .98 cents they were charging you last month ,since they combine the dvr fee $5.98 + additional receiver /lease fee for $ 7.00= $12.98 - .98 =12.00 . Then you take all those .98 cents X 12 months = $11.98 at the end of 12 months . Upto 12.00 a year! The more dvrs that you add the more you SAVE! Oh you might save the .98 cents , but you will pay 12.00 for each hd dvr on your account $ 12.00 X 12 months =$ 144.00 a year to have ONE extra hd dvr on your dish dvr advantage pack. Looks like to me the only one getting any advantage is DISH.

Presentation is the key to everything. DISH has learned that it's all how you spin it. The real question is how many of their subs will fall for this crap ? :rolleyes:

I wish! But it was $99.98 ,and now its $102.98. So Not sure how it went down $2 ,But it sure went up $3.
Well on Dish's website it states that the everything pak reg. price is $97.98.

Attachments

• Untitled.gif
    Untitled.gif
    112.9 KB · Views: 142
More HD less pay hikes

I'm ready for a lot more HD in 2009, and as far as pay hikes go a big no on that one. Bye the way how about bringing back Zoom and the Smithsonian Channels.

Rain

Strangely my Turbo HD Gold has the billing still the same p[rice as previous. Just the fee's and stuff tended to shift it arround.

Unless this is for a later billing. See the copy-paste below for example:

Feb 11 - Mar 10

DISH Home Protection Plan (DHPP) 5.99
DHPP Credit (removed) of 9 - Adjustment - 5.99
DishDVR Advantage 49.99
Local Takedown Credit - Adjustment - 1.00
State/Local Tax (Sales/Gross Receipts) - (might tell you exactly who I am so I've left this out)

Here's what's actually included in that DishDVR Advantage:

Current Programming: TurboHD Gold
Local Channels: (edited) DMA Package
Premium Channels: N/A
International or Ala Carte Add-ons: Fox Sports (edited), DISH Home Protection Plan, DISH Network DVR Service Fee

So my billing is about the same as last month. Granted, in another couple months my promotional pricing on the DHPP will expire and I'll be paying $5.99 more a month, but I could cancel that portion if I wanted. It's saved me some money so far though, so I'll probably keep it for a while.

Overall, I'm pretty happy. I was expecting quite a jump, but overall I'm getting everything I was before for about the same price. Not sure if this is normal for all TurboHD customers but I don't think I'm getting any kind of special treatment.

The only other thing I can think of is that for some reason the Locals are not showing a charge and I'm getting more than $1.00 in compensation for my missing local HD station. It's a station that I hope Dish wins against, so I don't mind that it's not in the guide yet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)