no signal at night

M Lee

Original poster
Jun 13, 2016
Brady, Texas
I get almost no signal at night If I dont change the channel I can watch that channel Sometimes if I change the channel it will pop up after 5 or 10 minuets. after 9:30 no tv
In the day its fine I get hd Its after the sun goes down

if i go to the point dish page day tine i get 55 or 60 at night i get wrong sat

Your dish isn't peaked correctly. That or you have a tree that is blocking some part of it at night? This is not normal and someone from DISH needs to come out and check it. IF you do call them , add the warrenty and the fee won't be as large when they send a tech out to fix it.

Reactions: charlesrshell
First of all, how long has this been going on? Just last night? Weather in the area?

Second, what equipment do you have? Receiver? Dish type?

Third, what channels were you attempting to watch?

Smells a bit like mount stability...like mounted to roof decking that can warp/change with temperatures...just another angle to consider

If you can see the dish, check for bee or wasp nests on the lnb. The insects fly around during the day, but all return to their nests at night and reduce/block the signal.

- Paul

Peaked correctly. I guessing you are saying pointed in the right direction. never payed much att. to the antenna till about 6 weeks ago after a wind storm my signal went to crap. I saw the dish was rubbing my metal roof so i wiggled the dish signal went back to cool till that night so the next day I got on a ladder with a pair of pliers I rolled the roof over to give the dish some room to move dident help. I guess I touched it now special circumstances apply and a service call is $145.00.

Peaked correctly. I guessing you are saying pointed in the right direction. never payed much att. to the antenna till about 6 weeks ago after a wind storm my signal went to crap. I saw the dish was rubbing my metal roof so i wiggled the dish signal went back to cool till that night so the next day I got on a ladder with a pair of pliers I rolled the roof over to give the dish some room to move dident help. I guess I touched it now special circumstances apply and a service call is $145.00.

If you moved the dish a little, it's possible you could just move it back and peak it yourself without a service call. If you'll share what equipment you have, there's lot's of knowledgeable folks here who might be able to help you do that.

Get the Protection Plan and it will only cost you $10.00.

$10.00 Do you work for dish ?? You boys must be made out of money because the way I understand it my bill goes up Its $10.00 plus your bill goes up every month

Also this equipment is not mine IT does not belong to me. Do you mow the grass at the motel you stay at. Do you take the rental car for a oil change.
you boys need to stop giving your money away

If you moved the dish a little, it's possible you could just move it back and peak it yourself without a service call. If you'll share what equipment you have, there's lot's of knowledgeable folks here who might be able to help you do that.
I dont know The model number on the receiver is vip211z

$10.00 Do you work for dish ?? You boys must be made out of money because the way I understand it my bill goes up Its $10.00 plus your bill goes up every month

Also this equipment is not mine IT does not belong to me. Do you mow the grass at the motel you stay at. Do you take the rental car for a oil change.

But you do change the oil and pay for maintenance on a car that you LEASE.

Somebody's got to pay for your maintenance. It's either you or everybody else.

Well, "someone's" gonna pay if it's to be fixed. Up to them to decide more or less. AND your "understanding" is incorrect. The PP will cost "someone" 6 or 8 bucks a month for five or six months, but I hope this "someone" is smart enough to do the math, and take advantage of advice offered.

Thanks for the advice I do appreciate it, My middle name is tight ass
The dish kid showed up this morning and to my surprise it he said it was pointed in the right direction. I knew deep in my heart that their was something the utube videos were not telling me.
Anyway he swapped out everthang but the coax so I should be good to go I told him would call him if it dident work. im sure hes looking for that

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)