No signal from HDMI output on 622

Su Meri

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 1, 2005
I have had the same 622 and TV for three years. Always hooked up with RGB component cables because my Onkyo did not have HDMI inputs and outputs. Just upgraded my Onkyo and now have 5 hdmi inputs. The other 2 I am using (playstation 3, video camera) work perfectly so obviously the connection from the onkyo to the tv works fine, but I get no signal from the HDMI running from the 622 to the onkyo.
Just can't figure it out, I'm sure it is something simple. Is there a setting I needed to change before I pluged HDMI in to get the 622 to use the hdmi output?
Thanks for the help

By the way I also just tried a different cable that was working with another component and still no signal?????

Broken

I have had the same 622 and TV for three years. Always hooked up with RGB component cables because my Onkyo did not have HDMI inputs and outputs. Just upgraded my Onkyo and now have 5 hdmi inputs. The other 2 I am using (playstation 3, video camera) work perfectly so obviously the connection from the onkyo to the tv works fine, but I get no signal from the HDMI running from the 622 to the onkyo.
Just can't figure it out, I'm sure it is something simple. Is there a setting I needed to change before I pluged HDMI in to get the 622 to use the hdmi output?
Thanks for the help

The HDMI connector on the 622 has broken off. Units that age had the bad connector that broke easily. Mine has done the same and I want to get the new 722k. I've tried to get it was told I was and they sent a standard 722. I sent that back and in additon the jerk CSR charged me a day early and screwed up my bank account which has cost me 90 in overdrafts. I've been talking to the exec office to try and get it fixed so it doesn't show up on my credit. Then I'm going to try and get them to send me a new K. Since I have had so much trouble with this transaction i'm going to try and get the upgrade fee dropped. Anyway there is no fixing the 622's HDMI outlet so you will have to get exchanged for a working one. Hope you have a EHD authorized so you can move all of your stuff off to it when you change out the receiver.

Not what I wanted to hear, but thanks for the news.
I do have an external hard drive attached so it shouldn't be a big deal.
Guess I'll have to call India...I mean Dish

Exact same thing happened to my 622 2 weeks ago. When I called in to tech support and mentioned that I knew there were issues with the HDMI on the 622, he said there is no on-going issue with the 622 and HDMI. yeah, right... Anyway, they sent a refurb 622 which cost me $14 to ship.

DT

Exact same thing happened to my 622 2 weeks ago. When I called in to tech support and mentioned that I knew there were issues with the HDMI on the 622, he said there is no on-going issue with the 622 and HDMI. yeah, right... Anyway, they sent a refurb 622 which cost me $14 to ship.

DT

The new receiver should have come with a prepaid UPS sticker for returning the old one...

Thanks guys, have a new 622 on the way. These problems make "moving" somewhat of a pain, but the CSR seemed to know what was going on and will ship to my billing address without problems

good luck with that, I have a vip612, i am on my 4th one, cracking when the channel changes, its is coming from the Hdmi connection the tech gave me a $36 cable, before he left with out the tv on the box click, then we turned on the tv it seem ok but about into 5 mins it click again, louder because we had the tv on. Here it came he said maybe my Vizio was the problem i told him this my second vizio, and when i had a rental it did the same thing, i know its the Hdmi because when i hook the component cables and not the Hdmi no noise. but if i do that then i can't record any movies on dvd due to not enought audio ports on the Vip 612. He showe me a 722 but said there are a lot of issues with that box. I am going to call him today, but first call vizio and see if there is others having the same problem. I can live with the noise but the only thing i worry about is the Hdtv speakers can they be damage with these louc spikes. its on all the channel but more so with the locals. Su Meri i hope you have better luck than me. I am about ready to go back to Directv but i am scare that i pay dish the early discharge fee of $275 and go with directv i may have the same problem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts