No Signal from SWM

Status
Please reply by conversation.
The dither bolts will only allow you to fine tune and have a limit on how far they will let you go. Beyond that you will need to loosen the 3 bolts holding it on the mast for azimuth or the bolt behind the elevation dither bolt for the elevation. Also make sure you have loosened the fine tune bolts before turning the dither bolts. These can be different depending on the back assembly.
View attachment 103545
On this assembly there are 2 on the bottom and 1 on either side.
View attachment 103546
On this one there is 1 on top and 1 on each side.

Not loosening these bolts before turning the dither bolts, or, trying to turn the dither bolt farther then they are meant to go could break your back assembly and the plastic pieces are not easily repairable.
Thanks cinsu. Took a bit of time but the mechanics of AZ & EL dithering is now clear to me. Requires tightening a bolt on each of the dither mechanism. The 2 nuts securing the elevation must be loosened, and one nut for azimuth must be loosened. Pretty slick. Now I'll do a reset and start over. :bluesbros

I've done the reset, dithered away and tilted the dish. Good news: 101 is in the high 90's (approx 98%), 99(cb), approx 90%, 103( ca) in the low 90'S, and 103(cb) high 80's. Best of all, 119 is in the low to mid 90's.

All but my home channels (as expected) are now in operation. I'm happy and #1 is happy too! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year kudus to all who have had a hand in upgrading my understanding from minimum to functional. This is a fantastic site!:victorious

Go Packers - beat (again) Lions:tombstone.

I've done the reset, dithered away and tilted the dish. Good news: 101 is in the high 90's (approx 98%), 99(cb), approx 90%, 103( ca) in the low 90'S, and 103(cb) high 80's. Best of all, 119 is in the low to mid 90's.

All but my home channels (as expected) are now in operation. I'm happy and #1 is happy too! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year kudus to all who have had a hand in upgrading my understanding from minimum to functional. This is a fantastic site!:victorious

Go Packers - beat (again) Lions:tombstone.
Glad you were able to get it going !

Merry Christmas ..... and

Go Lions !

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)