No signal on 942 but good signal on 311?!

bobbehr

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 30, 2004
S.W.MI
Lately the signal on the theater room 942 would drop off and try to aquire it again with no success. Playing with some I could get it to lock on some channels but not others. Thinking it a possible cable issue I swapped the 942 out with the 311 in the bedroom, which had not had the problem. The 311 worked fine in the theater, but now the 942 would not lock on in bedroom. I even tried a spare 942 in both rooms, same problem.
No outboard switches in system, running 2 coax cable straight off DPP LNB to each reciever. Any ideas? Thanks.

Since it's happening on two different 942s, I think you have a bad separator or the two cables that the separator is using.

Have you tried a different DP separator? Replace the two cable jumpers and see what happens.

Yep, tried that no change. A Dish tech told me to check connecting block grounds, that failed to solve problem. At this point I think I might just call to "Dish up" a vip622 to replace the lease 942 and put in my purchased 942 to replace Dishes 311.
I just wonder way some channels make through and not others? Could it be a DDP lnb problem?

If some channels are showing and some others are not, you're not getting all the TPs. What you can do is go to Menu, 6, 1, 1 and check 119 and 110 and check TPs 11 and 12 on both or one even and one odd transnponder just to see which TPs you are not getting.

Since the 311 works in both rooms, I don't think it's the lnb. Do you have a barrel connector somewhere in between the 942 and the lnb? You could also try a straight cable run from the LNB to the 942 and if it works, you'll need to replace the cable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts