No signal on 99 or 103 and no HD

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ab0nf

Original poster
Sep 30, 2008
Installer recently left after upgrading me to a slimline 3 and HR22. From searching this board I understand I need signals on 101, 99, and 103.

Well, 101 comes in fine... signals are 90-100

The 99 satellites are all 0's, and the 103 satellites are all 0's too.

The HD stations show "Searching for signal In 2...(771)"

It's time for me to call DTV and complain.

The reason I posted is because I'm curious if it's possible the installer pointed the dish in a manner where only 101 is being received? Are all the LNBs the same? In other words could the LNB that's supposed to point at 103 be pointed at 101 and get a signal? I did switch the cables around (and put them back exactly the way I found them), and it didn't change a thing, still only get 101.

Installer recently left after upgrading me to a slimline 3 and HR22. From searching this board I understand I need signals on 101, 99, and 103.

Well, 101 comes in fine... signals are 90-100

The 99 satellites are all 0's, and the 103 satellites are all 0's too.

The HD stations show "Searching for signal In 2...(771)"

It's time for me to call DTV and complain.

The reason I posted is because I'm curious if it's possible the installer pointed the dish in a manner where only 101 is being received? Are all the LNBs the same? In other words could the LNB that's supposed to point at 103 be pointed at 101 and get a signal? I did switch the cables around (and put them back exactly the way I found them), and it didn't change a thing, still only get 101.

No, with the SWM3 it's not possible to point at the wrong sat since the 99 and 103 slots use different frequencies than the 101.

I called DTV support and the lady started asking me all kinds of questions. Resets, cable checks, etc.

Then she asked if I had something called a "B-Band Converter", and she described what it was. I don't have one.

Shortly after that my installer called me saying he'd forgotten the converter, and that he'd be right over. So that's the problem, I guess

Thanks for the reply, iwc5893!

Dumb Question...

If it was a slimline 3 w/swm (one line to receiver, splitters used to get to multiple tvs) you should not need the BBC.
If it was a regular slimline 3 (multiple lines to dvr's, one to regular, all lines from a switch or the dish itself) then you do need the BBC.

You said you switched the cables around so I am guessing the BBCs should be in there:D

WTT

Last edited:
How do you tell the difference between the 2? Is the SWM marked?

I'm guessing here, but believe the SWM would only have one coax coming out of the lnb assembly & the standard would have 3/4 coax coming out. I know the SWM requires the power insert & splitter (I guess it's possible the standard unit uses just one cable too).

That's just what I was planning too. So the phase three is the "original" HD dish that's designed to receive 101,110,119 ? Is the one you made capable of all the adjustments to see the 103 and 99? On ebay it doesn't look like they have as many adjustments as the AU9.

Yes the phase 3 is the original HD dish. It does not have the fine tunning adjustments that the slimline has, but I never use those anyway. It takes a little TLC and it is very sensitve but it's not really hard to do. Just use the settings for either a 5lnb or 3lnb slimline. Peak it at 101 then adjust to 103. The 99 will fall into place on it's own.

The readings I got today are not too bad but I could do better if I could get the tripod dead plumb. I'm close but not perfect.

93-96-94-97-91-97-93-95

90-97-93-95-93-98-91-97

91- 0 -93-94-88--97-92-97

92-52-93-86-94-97-92-98

99A
93-93-90-94-91-91-89-94

88-90-88-9188-90

103B

88-72-85-73-86-69-85-73

87-68-85-72-85-68

Last edited:
Hey guys I to enountered a similar problem, after the initial installation my installer and I recieved this message as well. Before my satellite install I had my wireless router connected through a splitter along with my cable into one outlet with no difficulties. When trying to wire the same configuration with the HD-DVR and my wireless router my installer said I could not have the wireless router and the HR-22 connected into just one outlet. (Something about the freq being to high to convert into HD)Does that sound about right to you guys?(Also keep in mind that he initially tried to install it WITH the Broadband Converter. I still have it but it's not installed) Sorry for long post! Happy Thanksgiving!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.