no signal on Nimiq 82

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

kickin_it

Original poster
Sep 19, 2009
Ottawa, Ont.
Hi all,

I currently have standard def receiver and am connected to Nimiq 91 without issue great signal. I want to upgrade to HD receiver. My issue is that I cannot get a signal at all on 82. There is absolutely nothing in the line of sight. I can pickup signals from 119, 110.

very confused

I tried running direct from lnb to receiver but still nothing on 82.

Any help would be appreciated. I really wanted the UFC fight in HD tonight

Hi all,

I currently have standard def receiver and am connected to Nimiq 91 without issue great signal. I want to upgrade to HD receiver. My issue is that I cannot get a signal at all on 82. There is absolutely nothing in the line of sight. I can pickup signals from 119, 110.

very confused

I tried running direct from lnb to receiver but still nothing on 82.

Any help would be appreciated. I really wanted the UFC fight in HD tonight

You mention you wish to update your receiver which implies you have not done so yet. That raises the question which receiver are you using to find a signal with 82W? If it is an old non 8PSK equipped receiver you will not be able to get a lock on most of the transponders on 82 so it may look as if you get zero signal.

Try transponder 1 or 16 which I believe have not converted over.

thank you for the quick response. I had a feeling I did not provide quite enough information the first time around. I have a 4100 receiver. Hope this help. and yes you are correct in your assumption that I have not done so yet

thank you for the quick response. I had a feeling I did not provide quite enough information the first time around. I have a 4100 receiver. Hope this help. and yes you are correct in your assumption that I have not done so yet

The 4100 is standard receiver and does not handle HD. I also doubt it would pull in any channels from 82.

The 4100 will lock on a few transponders on 82W.
These TP's have SD channels and any receiver will lock

Ensure that the signals you are getting now from 91 are actually coming in on the LNBF that is in the 91 slot of the "Y" yolk.

If it is, ensure the skew setting is correct for your location and then try 82 again. As stated not all transponders will show up on an SD receiver.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)