No signal on one Hopper

jerrya72

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 13, 2006
Northern Michigan
I have 2 hoppers one is working fine and one is stuck at the Acquiring satellite signal screen. I've tried the reset and check switch but neither fixed the issue. I can watch a show from the other Hoppers DVR on the one that isn't working so I wouldn't think it's a cable issue. Any ideas?

Could be the coax line or one of the connections. You could change the connections between Hoppers at the switch and see if it stays with current Hopper or moves to the other. if it stays it should be on the line or the receiver. If it moves, then is probably just in the line.

garys said:
Could be the coax line or one of the connections. You could change the connections between Hoppers at the switch and see if it stays with current Hopper or moves to the other. if it stays it should be on the line or the receiver. If it moves, then is probably just in the line.

I had an problem just like this two months ago.

1. I rolled Hoppers just make sure it wasn't a hooper issue. (It wasn't...)

2. I rolled cables in my attic, coming off the duo node. The Hopper cables were switched and my problem moved to the other Hopper. At first I thought I had a bad duo node with a bad Hopper port. I tried another duo node and still had the same problem.

3. So I tried the cables going back from the duo node to the dish. Of the three cables I found that one was bad. I replaced the faulty cable and all is well .

4. I have a 2H/4J system, trouble shooting took a while ...... Also it is a 115' cable run to my dish on the other side of property....to say the lease I ran two (buried) cables...."extra cable" just in case one goes bad again.

During the trouble shooting process .... I moved all 4 Joeys to one Hopper. Cause with a Hopper down, I also had two Joeys down. The 4 Joeys did work with one Hopper.

Good Luck !!!

jerrya72 said:
I think I found the problem. A dog dug up the cables and one of them is broke. Thanks for the help.

That was my issue too... My dogs dug up a cable!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)