No Signal on Satellite C with Hughes HTL-HD

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cmclane28

Original poster
Sep 16, 2004
Hello,

I am a newbie to the 3 LNB Satellite systems. I live in the Tampa Bay area and I just got a new dish and the Huges HTL-HD receiver.
After setting up the dish and connecting the receiver I can get a signal on Satellite A and B with fairly decent transponder singal strengths (although some are much better than others). I noticed however, that Satellite C has no signal whatsoever on any of the 3 transponders that I have available. Should I have more transponders than this on this satellite? I think I only have 8, 10, and 12.
NFL Sunday ticket this past weekend was amazing for the FOX feeds but not for CBS. I mostly got a black screen with digital artifacts every now and then to show me that a game was being played.
Just wondering if anyone else in the Tampa Bay area is having the same problem with Sat C not showing any signal on the HTL-HD and if I may be missing something.
Also, which letters correspond to each satellite? For example, Sat A - 101, Sat B - 110, Sat C - 119. Thanks!

Sat C would be the 110 satellite.

On the older 3 LNB dish the sat C kit goes in the middle.

Thanks Jason. Now I just have to figure out why I get so signal on Sat C - 110. Is it normal to only have 3 transponders to choose from?

Sounds like you have the new phase-III dish that has all three LNBs built in. It also has a 4 port multiswitch built in. Is this correct?

In your setup do you have the dish type set to oval - 3 LNB?

cmclane28 said:
Thanks Jason. Now I just have to figure out why I get so signal on Sat C - 110. Is it normal to only have 3 transponders to choose from?
Yes, 8, 10 and 12. Channel 494 is on one of those. I don't remember which. It's a DirecTV test channel.

I finally figured it out. I did have the 3 LNB Oval dish option chosen in the receiver's options.
It was just a stupid newbie mistake of not having the dish pointed quite right. I had the tilt and elevation set right but I was never quite sure about the azimuth.
I had my daughter sit inside the house looking at the signal strengths and I started by putting Satellite A on the weakest transponder. (only at 40 signal strength). I then called her from my cell phone on the roof and started moving the dish back toward the south and she said the signal was getting stronger with every little bit that I moved it. Once I got Satellite A's weakest transponder to sit at about 92 I had her check satellite B and Satellite C and they both had strong signals in the lower to mid 90s. Can't wait until Sunday! Thanks to everyone who responded. This forum is awesome!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)