No signal on tuner 2 and 3

mjknight

Original poster
Oct 5, 2010
Michigan
We just upgraded from 722 to the hopper with sling. We've used a 211 in our RV with a 1000.2 western arc with no issues. We decided to take the hopper back and forth with us so we got a solo node from the installer. Because we are in the woods, we're just about 200' length from the dish to the RV. We ran both cables (port 1 and 2) from the dish into the solo node which is located outside the RV. Then a short cable running from the node (host port) to the satellite port on the RV. Inside, we have a short cable from wall port to hopper. We did a check switch and a reset with no signal on tuner 2 and 3. We thought perhaps going through the camper was the issue so we connected the host cable directly to the hopper, ran the check switch again with no signal on 2 and 3.

When that didn't work, we purchased a new solo node thinking the other one was bad. Hooked it up both ways directly to rv and hopper with no signal on tuners 2 and 3. We are completely baffled as to why we are not getting a signal. When we have the one cable (port 1) running from the dish to the rv we get both tuner 1 and 2 but no 3 which is normal therefore we know that the length and rv is not the problem. I double checked the LNB on the dish when I purchased it 3 yrs ago and it is able to work with the hopper.

We haven't grounded the solo node yet as we are still trying to figure out how the install is going to work. I don't think this would be an issue. Is there anything else we can try to get this to work? My next step is to purchase a hybrid lnb and node but I didn't want to spend the extra money if someone can help us figure out why this is not working. Can we put the second cable for port 2 in the port 3 on the lnb just in case there is something wrong with that port on the lnb? I don't know... I am grasping at straws! Please help!

Update: We did some more work on the cables and bypassed the RV with the lines directly into the hopper. We did a reset and we ended up getting tuner 1 and tuner 3 but not 2. Not sure why or how this happened all of a sudden. Any reason why I wouldn't get tuner 2?

You need both cables into the node to get all three tuners. One coax can only carry two tuners. So, if you are going directly from the LNBs to the Hopper on a single coax you will only get two tuners.

Reactions: charlesrshell
You can connect any two of the three LNB output ports to the Solo Node to get the signals to the three tuners, so skipping a port to troubleshoot the problem should work. Just make sure nothing's inadvertently connected to the input port 4. The Solo Node does not need to be grounded to work correctly. Grounding it is simply a safety measure.

Thank you for your answers. This morning I did another check switch and we got all of tuner 1 and 3 plus 119 on tuner 2 but we are still missing 110 and 129 on two. Which I think is really odd since I didn't do anything different from last night to this morning. I am thinking there might be a short or something in the cables? We will do some more troubleshooting tonight and switch out the second cable to port 3 on the lnb to see if that's the issue. Fingers crossed we get this finally working tonight.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)