No signal Port 4 External LNB

ruddermann

Original poster
Nov 1, 2011
Saginaw, TX
[h=2][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]
[/FONT][/h]Hello all,

First off, let me say that I'm totally new to satellites and will probably need some help with the terminology as we go.

So I had an old receiver (not even sure exact kind) hooked up to a dish 500 on satellite 119, working fine. Got a new receiver (ViP 211k) and a new dish (turbo HD), and when I go to the point dish menu, I can't get any signal on 119 (or any other satellite for that matter). Wasn't sure if there was a problem with the dish, so I put the old dish back up (but still with the dish pro LNB), pointed in the same spot as before, and still no signal. Went to the check switch menu and got 'No signal Port 4 External LNB No Connection' under the details section. Took the receiver box over to my neighbors-- who has the same receiver box and same dish-- and got signal on my receiver box there. Tried re-pointing my dish, no luck.

I noticed a similar thread posted earlier with the same Check Switch details-- but to be totally honest, I didn't understand all the terminology (wasn't sure what a 1000.2 was, matrix, etc). I probably have no business trying to hook this up myself, but have already looked into getting an installer out and will have to pay at least $100.

Frustrated beyond belief that the same set-up, with a new box, won't get any signal! Any help anyone can give (keeping in mind you'll have to break down the terminology for me) would be GREATLY appreciated.

The 1000.2 usually refers to the dish antenna and integrated 3-sat LNB and DishPro Plus switch. The internal switch has 3 outputs and one DishPro LNB input for a separate side sat dish pointed at a 4th satellite. Your error message is probably correct if you don't have a side sat dish plugged into that input port, so don't worry about that.

Unless there is something wrong with your 1000.2, your only problem is that you haven't "found" your sats yet by careful alignment of the dish. If you got alignment instructions with the dish, then follow those. Otherwise, I'm sure some folks who do this every day will come on here shortly with some better advice.

Yeah it sounds to me like you aren't pointed correctly. When you say you put the 500 back up and pointed it in the same spot as before, unless you marked the alignment before you took the dish off, more than likely it isn't the same spot. Being even a half inch off can cause complete signal loss. Keep in mind that your 1000.2 dish is going to be picking up the 110,119, and 129 sats, and you need a good signal on all 3. Also double check your sku and elevation settings from when you put the dish together.

Without a meter, you can point the dish using the signal strength screen on the television if you have a neighbor, friend, or wife. You're going to want to tune off of sat 119, here we use transponder 14, and our minimum signal requirement is around 60, although 70's are easily attainable.

Also, make sure you aren't connecting your receiver line to the "lnb in" port at the dish, as this will cause no signal to pass through to the receiver

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)