No signal reception at Tailgate

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

wildcatjarhead

Original poster
Sep 3, 2010
Salt Lake City, UT
I have a stationary automatic Roadtrip Minimax on a tailgate vehicle that works great when it is at "home" (in quotes bc home is actually a business). The setup rocks. 58" plasma with a DISH HD receiver all in a custom 15' Penske truck. The problem is when we parked the vehicle in the tailgate lot at the U of U in SLC, I couldn't get a signal at all. It was acting like it was not even connected. I tried moving a few times, check switch, resetting, and calling DISH. Nothing helped. Got it back "home" and it worked like a charm. The lot we were at was pretty much wide open. There was a tree about 50 yards to the North and mountains on the East, but I don't think any of them could have blocked sats. I noticed that the lot wasn't perfectly level, but that shouldn't matter with the automatic Roadtrip, right?

Hi, one thing comes to mind when the dish works in your driveway but not when you go some place else is perhaps there is something limiting the azimuth. What heading was the vehicle on when it worked in the driveway? Can you duplicate the heading when you move to the tailgating spot? Also check for something on the vehicle that might block the signal. Unless the dish is on the roof it could get blocked depending on how the vehicle is parked.

Let us know if you figure it out, DC

Thanks DC. The RT is on top of the box so nothing to block there. Mostly, when the vehicle is "home" and working, it has been facing west with a building very close to the East. Tested it facing North also working just fine. At the parking lot of the stadium when we couldn't get reception the vehicle was facing South. I did drive it around the lot a bit, and parked in various directions, to see if any other position would work better but nothing seemed to work. Again, the lot was not perfectly level so I am wondering if that may have prevented the RT from aquiring the signal.

I will take it down there again today to see if I can get it to work with some lynx levelers.

Fixed

Unreal. Leveling it out was the trick. I went back to the stadium and recreated the problem, then drove up on a few of the LL under the front tires. It didn't have to be perfect, but close. I really would have thought the tech inside that expensive dome would have compensated for that but I guess not. Lynx levelers are awesome though and easy to use.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts