No Signal

gboptions

Original poster
Jul 17, 2007
Hi I'm installing my satellite inside my balcony and I'm having lots of trouble finding a signal. I have a clear line of sight and i'm pointing in the right direction. My post is plumb and i'm using a signal meter. The meter does not change as I move the antenna. Can it be that something is interfering with the signal, probably the balcony railing not as line of sight interference but more electromagnetic wise. Should I use a better quality LNB? Please help!!!!!

The signal comes from around 22 degrees higher than where the dish is actually pointing to. It might be that you have another balcony above you and it's blocking the signal. Try moving the dish as far out as you can so it can get the signal.

If you are using a cheaper signal meter it needs to also be hooked to the receiver. That is where is gets the power. Just making sure that is not the problem. Does it have two cable connections on it?

Receiver>signal meter>Dish

the meter is getting power from the receiver. I raise the decibel level for the needdle to reach about 5 but I move the antenna and that reading does not change.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)