no signal

crickett

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 10, 2007
I just put on my 622 and the receiver had the information messages on screen. It said to hit select to go to programs. I did that but got no response then it sounded like it was downloading. When that stopped it searching for satellite 72 came on then the programs came on. Any thoughts on what could have happened?? Thanks in advance!

Is this a new receiver for your account? Did you call to get it activated?

You don't provide any significant information for anyone to respond to logically!

Is this a new receiver for your account? Did you call to get it activated?

You don't provide any significant information for anyone to respond to logically!

Sorry about the lack on information. (What do you expect from a girl!:)) No it is not a new receiver I have had it for about 4+ years. I usually have no problem with it but because of the way it acted I wonder if it was starting to have a problem. Then I also thought perhaps Dish was just activating the new HD channel because of it searching for satellite 72?? How long should a 622 last?? Thanks again!

I just put on my 622 and the receiver had the information messages on screen. It said to hit select to go to programs. I did that but got no response then it sounded like it was downloading. When that stopped it searching for satellite 72 came on then the programs came on. Any thoughts on what could have happened?? Thanks in advance!

When you say "the information messages," what was that? Do you mean the black screen with the DISH logo on it, and various messages? It will say "Press select" at the bottom of the screen somewhere. Your receiver has an "inactivity standby" feature. It's sort of like your computer going into sleep mode and putting up a screen saver. When you say it sounded like it was downloading, was it the "whirring" sound of the fan or the clicking noise of a hard drive? It did acquire signal and return to programming, correct? It sounds like it may have reset itself. Perhaps it took some sort of software download. The receivers are set for nightly downloads around 3am. Just keep an eye on it. If it starts powering itself on and off frequently you will need to replace the receiver.
A DVR with a fan that runs excessivley, and a really loud, clattering hard drive is one that has problems. Until it gets to be really problematic it can be hard to diagnose.

And hey, it's got nothing to do with being a girl. I know a guy who is a science major and he can barely hook up a water hose.

When you say "the information messages," what was that? Do you mean the black screen with the DISH logo on it, and various messages? It will say "Press select" at the bottom of the screen somewhere. Your receiver has an "inactivity standby" feature. It's sort of like your computer going into sleep mode and putting up a screen saver. When you say it sounded like it was downloading, was it the "whirring" sound of the fan or the clicking noise of a hard drive? It did acquire signal and return to programming, correct? It sounds like it may have reset itself. Perhaps it took some sort of software download. The receivers are set for nightly downloads around 3am. Just keep an eye on it. If it starts powering itself on and off frequently you will need to replace the receiver.
A DVR with a fan that runs excessivley, and a really loud, clattering hard drive is one that has problems. Until it gets to be really problematic it can be hard to diagnose.

And hey, it's got nothing to do with being a girl. I know a guy who is a science major and he can barely hook up a water hose.
Yes, it is the information message with the"Press select" The noise is the same as the one it makes at 3:00am. I'm hoping I don't hear it again. Would I lose all my downloads if I have to replace it? Thanks once again!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts