No Signal

Rain fade is a fact of life with the Ku band and based on your numbers your signal strength is excellent. That being said, you can lose your signal for up to fifteen minutes at a time during really heavy rain (actually it's the high clouds.) While that sounds bad just keep in mind that a single cable outage can add up to be more down time than an entire year's worth of satellite rain fade.

I posted a few days back: http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads/311750-Satellite-Signal-Strength

It's raining quite heavily in NYC over the past week. Right now I don't get any signal whatsoever.
The above referenced post provides signal levels for my installation.

Is this sort of outage really possible? I have about 55+ reception on a lot of channels and yet there is no lock on any station.

Joe
Is your signal loss continuous or is it 5-15 minute periods without signal? If continuous you have a problem besides rain fade with your system.

Been experiencing the same thing in Western North Carolina with recent "rain fade" - or at least I'm hoping that's the issue. If I'd seen this post, I should have hopped on this one instead of just creating a new one.

Eric

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts