No SNY in HD

I really don't understand why Dish would make all the other announced HD-RSNs (like Pittsburgh's Fox Sports... Pittsburgh???) available nationwide but not SNY. Hopefully DirecTV will switch to the high-def feed full time with their big HD rollout in September.

Fox Sports Pittsburg is not available nationwide, you only get Pirate games if you live in Pirate territory. If the pre and post games are available nationwide it is because in western PA. E* customers get Fox Pitt on 129 sat. and in Eastern Pa. they get Fox PItt on 61.5.

NY Mets home territory includes all of NY state, NE Pa., most of NJ, and most of Conn. These areas cannot get 129 so there is no need to put SNY on both 129 amd 61.5

Same thing in Florida, Sunshine and Fox sports Florida are only on 61.5 because people living there cannot get 129.

when NESN goes up it will only be on 61.5 as New England cannot get 129.

Technically, you can get 129 anywhere in the U.S. I know people in NJ that are getting it with no problems. It's just harder to pull in the signal, in the east, due to the fact that the bird is not exactly running at 100% strength. It's basically floating space junk. It will be replaced, probably within two years.

With subscriptions to the respective sports packages, I do get the SNY SD channel on both Dish and DirecTV. While all Mets games are blacked out on Dish, pre-games and post-games (often including the end of the games themselves) are indeed viewable here in Santa Cruz, CA. That's what I was expecting to get in HD when Dish bragged about their new 9 national RSN-HD channels.

I really don't understand why Dish would make all the other announced HD-RSNs (like Pittsburgh's Fox Sports... Pittsburgh???) available nationwide but not SNY. Hopefully DirecTV will switch to the high-def feed full time with their big HD rollout in September.

Thanks for the help in determining why I can't get Dish's SNY-HD channel 388. As usual, Dish Network "support" was absolutely worthless. "We don't have any information on these channels" and "wait and see if it ever appears" left me rolling my eyes in frustration. Then again, DirecTV's "support" is equally inept.

Right now Fox Pitt HD is the only RSN HD on both 61.5 and 129. Comcast Sportsnet (Philly) will be on both when (if) it becomes available. All others are only on one satellite depending on the geographical location of the DMA.

Right now Fox Pitt HD is the only RSN HD on both 61.5 and 129. Comcast Sportsnet (Philly) will be on both when (if) it becomes available. All others are only on one satellite depending on the geographical location of the DMA.

Dont' hold your breath on getting Phily rsn, Comcast has it set as a cable only channel and FCC cannot force them to sell it sat companies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)