No Sound on Client (sometimes)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Gregavi

Original poster
Jan 9, 2005
I have the HR 34 and one client. About half the time I use the client to watch recorded programming, there is no sound. I can usually solve the problem by going to a different recorded program, start playing it, (It will most often have sound) go back to the original program, start from beginning and most often will play with sound. Sometimes I have to do this a couple of times before I can get sound. I should NOT have to do this. This causes my wife to pull her hair out with frustration. This never happens with the "Mother" box. Is this something that can be fixed? Do I need an upgraded client or Mother box? If this issue is not resolved, I will look for an alternative to DirecTV as soon as my agreement is up (in a few months).

Thanks in advance.

Hello Gregavi, You have presented the problem clearly but some additional information would help in getting it resolved. What is the firmware on the HR34-700? What is the client model number? There is the C31 and the C41. How is it hooked up such as wireless or hard wired? If it is wireless can it be hard wired with a new cable to make the connection between the HR34 and the client? How is the client wired to the TV? Does the problem occur at certain times and or certain channels only or can it come at any time and any channel? When the client is not playing any audio is the Genie then tuned to the same channel and if not the tune it to the same channel to see if it has sound on the TV connected to the HR34? Have you tried different outputs to the TV when the sound is not heard on the first output? I don't know if you have the protection plan or not but a service call could fix the problem (last resort if the problem remains). I hope that you can get back to me with more information.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)