no Sound on KARZ G18?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
same here...no sound

This is no longer an Equity channel (they sold it) but are still uplinking it for some reason

I thought I had sound on that channel (KARZ) yeaterday. On a somewhat related subject, I mentioned in another thread that I have only G18 for now. The Retrojams, Create and one other PBS Channel (at least I think It's PBS) as well as KAMT and KEYU have never had sound..On the Fortec there is a picture that looks like a speaker in the right hand corner on the channel bar on these channels..I think there is a clue there..The Owner's manual doesnt have anything on this..

I thought I had sound on that channel (KARZ) yeaterday. On a somewhat related subject, I mentioned in another thread that I have only G18 for now. The Retrojams, Create and one other PBS Channel (at least I think It's PBS) as well as KAMT and KEYU have never had sound..On the Fortec there is a picture that looks like a speaker in the right hand corner on the channel bar on these channels..I think there is a clue there..The Owner's manual doesnt have anything on this..
If you're getting Create and a PBS channel you're getting some feed from AMC 21 next door to G18.
Haven't tried the Visionsat today, but I can get sound from KARZ on it where I can't on the Mercury II. It shows as AC3 on both. Retrojams, Create, PBS, KAMT & KEYU are all AC3, so you need something to decode the audio - if you search here there lots of info about it. KAMT & KEYU are both Spanish as well, so it wouldn't do me any good even if I could hear it!

If you're getting Create and a PBS channel you're getting some feed from AMC 21 next door to G18.
Haven't tried the Visionsat today, but I can get sound from KARZ on it where I can't on the Mercury II. It shows as AC3 on both. Retrojams, Create, PBS, KAMT & KEYU are all AC3, so you need something to decode the audio - if you search here there lots of info about it. KAMT & KEYU are both Spanish as well, so it wouldn't do me any good even if I could hear it!

I suspected the no-sound on these channels might be AC3 related. I have read a bit about the AC3 and how to decode it. I may try to get one of the Sonic Boom/Voom headsets at some point if I still can..

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)