No sound unless you restart Joey or pull out HDMI and plug back in.

Dannie Ziegler

Original poster
Feb 3, 2019
Illinois
Hi there. My first post/question! We recently switched back to Dish after a few years with Direct. Discovered that we get no sound from our bedroom tv (Magnavox) when we turn it on. Only way to get sound is to restart Joey or unplug HDMI and plug back in. We’ve had Dish back out to troubleshoot and they are dumbfounded. Tried different Joeys as well as HDMI cables and ports. Same result. Had no issues when we had Direct or when we previously had Dish (with same tv). Any ideas? Husband hopes that this means a new tv....

Reactions: charlesrshell
Hi there. My first post/question! We recently switched back to Dish after a few years with Direct. Discovered that we get no sound from our bedroom tv (Magnavox) when we turn it on. Only way to get sound is to restart Joey or unplug HDMI and plug back in. We’ve had Dish back out to troubleshoot and they are dumbfounded. Tried different Joeys as well as HDMI cables and ports. Same result. Had no issues when we had Direct or when we previously had Dish (with same tv). Any ideas? Husband hopes that this means a new tv....
Take a look at the LG OLED TV! It is awesome. ;)

a lot of times this has to do with the sequence in which the handshake is made. You could try manually powering your TV on first, then turn the Joey on and see if the issue persists. However, i would agree, best way to fix this is to get a newer TV.

Reactions: Tampa8
I had the same issue. Tech tried everything...finally just got another TV and it worked just fine. I have seven other TV's and no problems just this one. It was an older Phillips 32".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)