NO Sound?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

justdave

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 31, 2006
I have a coolsat 5000. And after the blind search I went thur the channels and found some that didt have any sound. I was wondering if there is a trick to get the sound to work.

along this line of questioning - how do you change audio pids in pansat 3500? My sound on that satellite comes and goes... it's weird. Sometimes sound is there and other times it's not. It used to be that flipping to another satellite and then coming back would fix the problem. I'm rescanning, but am not sure if that'll help. I'm also not sure how to manually change the pid.

mastermesh said:
along this line of questioning - how do you change audio pids in pansat 3500? My sound on that satellite comes and goes... it's weird. Sometimes sound is there and other times it's not. It used to be that flipping to another satellite and then coming back would fix the problem. I'm rescanning, but am not sure if that'll help. I'm also not sure how to manually change the pid.

Do you mean that the AC3 signal from your Pansat does not always go to your AC3 compatible audio receiver, and therefore you don't get any sound?

yep, that's it exactly... It is a random thing though, because it usually is ok, but sometimes takes a second or two to get to the speakers... usually, if I redo a blind scan, it straightens it out, but it's just an odd hit and miss thing that I don't totally understand the why/how of. If the sound does stop, it usually stops for good for a while... that's why rescanning fixes it I guess?

master, you're not the only one with that problem. My Pansat does the same thing. I can usually go up a channel then back and it comes in, but not always. I have gone to another sat as you mentioned and returned and sometimes it works and sometimes it don't. When I can't get it any other way, I reboot. I only do that when my impatience gets the best of me, which is more than I care to admit.

Al

Looks like we are all in the same boat!

Here's what works for me. The way I get it to come back in is to stay on the channel, hit the signal button twice (not too fast) to get to the second signal display screen, wait a couple of seconds, then hit the signal button again (or the exit button), and the sound comes back.

Mine often drops out (Pansat 2700) after coming out of the signal strength screen. Entering it again and stepping through it usually solves the problem, as mentioned previously. Strange little bug...

Tron said:
Mine often drops out (Pansat 2700) after coming out of the signal strength screen. Entering it again and stepping through it usually solves the problem, as mentioned previously. Strange little bug...

I had noticed this with my Pansat 3500SD, sometimes when exiting the second signal strength screen the sound drops out (non AC3 channels). It seems to happen if you exit during the tone. Therefore, I usually never entered the second signal strength screen! When I got my Home Theatre system and the AC3 channels sometimes didn't have sound, I tried going into the second signal strength screen to kickstart it again, and it worked!

Good tip, thanks! It doen't happen every time, but enough to be a bit of a bother, especially since those signal screens are quite loud :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)