No Speed HD (or FX HD) for you!

flyingsquirrel

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 27, 2007
Note that Fox announced that Comcast has agreed to pick up Speed HD and FX HD.

What about Dish? No Speed for you. Although I am not sure how the can get to 150 channels without Speed and FX.

I wanted Speed for the Nascar all-star race, but since we missed that I don't really care until next year. As far as FX, it is just another movie channel with commercials. I'm not into any of their series, so no loss for me. Give me ESPNUHD!!!

Umm we didn't have Speed or FX yesterday.

So this is nothing new or developing.

It wasn't taken away.

It's trolling because the purpose of the post is to get people to say....

"AHH DAMN DISH NETWORK, I SWEAR I AM GOING TO CANCEL, THIS IS CRAP, COMCAST IS GETTING IT AND I DON'T, I AM ENTITLED TO AND DESERVE EVERYTHING THAT EVERYONE ELSE HAS, NO FAIR NO FAIR!!!! I AM CALLING DISH RIGHT NOW, EMAIL TO CHARLIE, SCOTT LIES!!!"

Its old, its stupid, it doesn't help any of the forums.

Along with half of the posts in many threads here. There are countless posts by people complaining about missing channels or the loss of Voom, ect. No difference IMHO.

Easy enough to pass it by also.

Umm we didn't have Speed or FX yesterday.

So this is nothing new or developing.

It wasn't taken away.

It's trolling because the purpose of the post is to get people to say....

"AHH DAMN DISH NETWORK, I SWEAR I AM GOING TO CANCEL, THIS IS CRAP, COMCAST IS GETTING IT AND I DON'T, I AM ENTITLED TO AND DESERVE EVERYTHING THAT EVERYONE ELSE HAS, NO FAIR NO FAIR!!!! I AM CALLING DISH RIGHT NOW, EMAIL TO CHARLIE, SCOTT LIES!!!"

Its old, its stupid, it doesn't help any of the forums.

You must be right because he got you to say it. :)

The Shield, Rescue Me, Nip Tuck, ....may not be missing them right NOW, but some do enjoy those shows

You're correct, there are several people that are really in to those shows. If I was one of them I'd be screaming for this channel too.

Although I am not sure how the can get to 150 channels without Speed and FX.

This just in...DISH releases new ad campaign promising 148 HD channels by years end. :rolleyes:

The numbers are all made up, or at least arrived at very "creatively". How are TWO channels going to make a difference.

Have you seen that New York FIOS lineup? If it was all about sheer numbers and bandwidth was no concern, they could add 25 premium feeds tomorrow.

Then they have about 5 other non-Fox channels not on DISH (Wealth, Mojo, Outdoor Channel 2, MavTV, and QVC)...30

Then there's 5 MTV Networks...that's 35.

AMC/IFC/Fuse...38. That's 38 channels RIGHT NOW, without including any Fox channels or talking about RSNs. (or Voom :( )

Golf/VS will split soon...39. BET and MTV2 are probably coming soon (DirecTV had logos on their website for a while)... 41. ESPN-U...42. RFD...43. (Might actually already be on.)

Hmmm...where will they find enough HD to "get to 150" without those Fox channels...Oh wait, here are a few more "coming soon" HD channels...

6 more Encores
2 more Starz
4 more Showtimes
Sleuth/Chiller
E!
BBC America
MSNBC
OWN
C&I

Comedy Central is on the rumor list too...that's 63. I'm sure I'm missing some. Using their fake math, wouldn't that put them at 166 or something like that? And that's not only leaving out FX and Speed, but Fuel, Fox "News" and Fox Business.

I could have sworn the movies were in stretch-o-vision last time I checked
Actually, from the few movies I have watched on FX, they were one of the ones that didnt stretch. Not saying they NEVER have, I havent seen it though.

We're talking about the amount of HD channels and I was kind of curious about the new commercial for Comcast where they show that Comcast has 500 HD channels and Direct only like 75. Am I missing something?

We're talking about the amount of HD channels and I was kind of curious about the new commercial for Comcast where they show that Comcast has 500 HD channels and Direct only like 75. Am I missing something?

Comcast is counting their HD VOD selections as channels while simultaneously ignoring that DirecTV has HD VOD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)