No Speed HD (or FX HD) for you!

Comcast is counting their HD VOD selections as channels while simultaneously ignoring that DirecTV has HD VOD.

Which is why I like to call them "CoN-cast" Just because they sign agreements to carry channels, unless you live in Chicago or one of their larger systems... well, you'll find a less con-castic experience. Although they have the AMC deal in place, not on my system. They have a MGM deal, but not on my comcast system. Likewise CNN, Weather, Animal Planet and History Channel... nope, nope, nope and nope. They talk a big game, but usually come up lame...

This just in...DISH releases new ad campaign promising 148 HD channels by years end. :rolleyes:

Then they have about 5 other non-Fox channels not on DISH (Wealth, Mojo, Outdoor Channel 2, MavTV, and QVC)...30

Then there's 5 MTV Networks...that's 35.

AMC/IFC/Fuse...38. That's 38 channels RIGHT NOW, without including any Fox channels or talking about RSNs. (or Voom :( )

Golf/VS will split soon...39. BET and MTV2 are probably coming soon (DirecTV had logos on their website for a while)... 41. ESPN-U...42. RFD...43. (Might actually already be on.)

Hmmm...where will they find enough HD to "get to 150" without those Fox channels...Oh wait, here are a few more "coming soon" HD channels...

6 more Encores
2 more Starz
4 more Showtimes
Sleuth/Chiller
E!
BBC America
MSNBC
OWN
C&I

Comedy Central is on the rumor list too...that's 63. I'm sure I'm missing some. Using their fake math, wouldn't that put them at 166 or something like that? And that's not only leaving out FX and Speed, but Fuel, Fox "News" and Fox Business.
Speaking of CoNcast, you can add G4HD and Style HD to your list of channels coming by the end of the year (December 8 to be exact), which brings us up to 168!:D At that rate, you could stop counting the 14 HD VOD channels in the mix and still be over 150 ;)

Just wondering here. If Dish already has the SD versions of the FOX channels, why would Dish not be able to get the HD's?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)