No this is not another Wheres my OTA guide Data Thread

NOHDjunkie

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 20, 2004
Lacombe La
I get my OTA channels out of New Orleans. As you know Katrina wrecked New Orleans, including the TV stations. Most are back and broadcasting HD (except for NBC)

THe problem, is that our ABC station is broadcasting on a leased transmitter from another station.

ABC26 (WGNO DT15 - 26.1) is supposed to be broadcasting on UHF 15 but is temporarily (till july 2007) broadcasting on UHF 50 (leased from a local independent) but still properly shows up remapped as 26.1

Before the hurricane I recieved guide Data for this channel. Now I don't.

I assume the mapping for the New Orleans DMA for OTA guide data is somehow tied to the broadcast freq.

Is there someone I can get this info to at Dish network so they can fix the mapping?

I called and spoke to Tech Support and he had no idea what OTA was ( he thought it was the callsign for the station I was talking about) and when I said PSIP he said "I don't even know what that is"

Yes I subscribe to locals, and yes all the other OTA stations get guide data. the only anomoly is the ABC station is not broadcasting on the same UHF frequency after the storm.

I've heard it said here many, many time that Dish Recievers don't use PSIP so I assume the local stations PSIP stream is not the problem.

Thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts