transponder error on 119

dusti08

Original poster
Sep 26, 2006
been a dish network customer for over 30 months, lately, a few channels on 119 are getting transponder error, channels 110-140 area. I called DN for support and they wanted me to sign up with their support contract for extra few dollars a month.

is there a easy fix to this?

I'm not in contract, if I cancel DN service, how long I need to wait so I can reorder DN to get new install?

Thanks

wow, if those few channels being missing is causing such grief, how could you consider canceling and being without all channels for an extended time?

What transponders? What kind of LNBFs? We can help troubleshoot.

Most of those channels are on the even TPs. 2-4-6-8-10. My guess is that you're losing all your even TPs and that's usually a cable, corroded connector or lnb problem. I would start by checking all the connectors and making sure there is no corrosion and they are tight. Then you can move to the cable, inspect the cable run and see if there is a cut or anything.

It would also be nice to know what kind of setup you have, receivers, switches, lnbs.

the problem just comes and goes, TV shows the error mesg with transponder number, but I don't have it written down.
my dish install setup: there's a Dish 500 with DPpro 110 and 119 combo, and another dish pointing to 61.5, both dish are connected into the DP34 switch, and goes to 3 receivers. with clear line of sight.

I reorder service if cancel and reorder is painless and quick, beats me going up the roof.

Thanks

I don't think you can easily sign up as a new customer after you cancel. You will need to use someone else's name(wife, girlfriend) to sign up again.

Good luck!

In order to come back to dish after closing a old acct, first you must have disconected the old accout under good terms (not under non-pay discon, or breeching any contracts). Then you must wait 6 months (sometimes if you talk real sweet less) then you will qualify for what is call the returning cus dha. This means most of the benifits as a new cus, free four room install, free movie ch's for three months ect. However you will not qual for the 30day cus satifaction and you will be required to take the 18month agrement. In short it will cause you much less greef to just get a service call to fix what ever is broken.

Thanks,

if the problem is on the LNB, instead of just replace the LNB alone, Can I install a new dish?
I was checking on ebay for the dish1000, I came across the oval dish 18x20" for DTV with 101, 110 and 119 LNBs, which is way cheaper compare to the dish1000, can I use the DTV dish with my DN 301 receiver?

Most likely this d* dish would not work with dish equip or if it dose it would not work verry well the dish 1000 grabs sig from 110 119 and 129 sat locations

Why not just simply sign up for the home protection plan...schedule and pay for the service call (I believe it's $30)...and then immediate drop the protection plan?

Seems to me it would be a lot less stress and tons easier than shopping around for another LNB or dish or receiver or whatever the heck you're looking for.

if your tv works fine during the morning but goes out when the afternoon shows up the works fine at night it is a bad lnb as long as your signal strength it good like over 85

GaryPen said:
dusti - Why not just sign up for the service plan at $5 or $6 per month, whatever it is, get the service call, and cancel the service plan immediately afterward?

that's great, but I was told by DN the service plan has annual contract.

I agree with a response earlier. It is either cable connections or a bad lnb. I just went thru many days of frustrating checking and re-checking, new rg6 cables. I was losing even transponders 22-32. After running a direct line from my dp dual to my 622 i found out the lnb was the problem. After installing a new dp dual all my transponders returned. Some are having similar problems with the dp plus twin.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)