No U Verse

overtimeman

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 26, 2005
Clemson, South Carolina
I was excited back in December 2009 when my neighborhood was full of AT&T contractors and they were laying fiber optic.I asked them what was going on and they said U Verse was coming to our hood.They even put a connector in my front yard.With all that trouble they went to the main cable has never been hooked up and is all wrapped up on top of a pole some three miles away.Everything is sitting idle and rusting away.When I finally got ahold of a real person after fifteen minutes of pushing buttons they said the U Verse build was through here in upstate South Carolina for AT&T had shifted all their funds to wireless as that is the future.The best we could hope for is digital phone service and internet with speeds my cable company couldn't match.Trying not to be sarcastic I asked about price and caps cause my cable company doesn't enforce them if you are a triple play customer who pays their bills on time.When they quoted a general price for their service when it comes I said thanks for you time and let it go at that.How much internet speed do you need before it comes overkill? :confused:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)