No UFC 186 on Dish!

DISH Network Will Not Offer UFC 186 PPV; UFC Releases Statement http://sports.yahoo.com/news/dish-network-not-offer-ufc-186-ppv-ufc-012914261--mma.html
If you’re a DISH Network customer wanting to watch this weekend’s UFC 186: Johnson vs. Horiguchi pay-per-view, you’ll have to make arrangements to view the event.Due to contractual complications, DISH Network will not offer UFC 186.“Due to contractual issues, DISH Network will not be offering UFC 186: Johnson vs. Horiguchi on Pay-Per-View this Saturday. While all other providers in the U.S. have come to an agreement on renewal terms, DISH Network has elected not to renew its distribution agreement with UFC,” read a statement released by UFC on Wednesday.“We have enjoyed a strong and productive relationship with DISH over the years, and while we’re disappointed with their decision, we are confident that our fans will be able to enjoy this weekend’s card through several other viewing options that you can read more about by clicking here. http://www.ufc.com/nodish We remain hopeful that an agreement can be reached with DISH in the near future, but remain committed to ensuring that all fans have continued access to UFC events through multiple distribution options,” the statement added.DISH Network customers can view the event through several options, including UFC Fight Pass, XBOX 360, XBOX ONE, among other online streaming. The event will also air in several restaurants and bars across the country.

How does this card even qualify for PPV?
Have ya seen the list of fights?
For whatever reason UFC would rather Dish customers not pay and instead view the event elsewhere (already paid by someone else).
Wait... Don't PPVs make money on number of paying customers?
UFC knows this?
But tell otherwise paying Dish customers to watch it 'shared' via someone else's already paid feed.

this is total crap.

I've been buying UFC on Dish for the past 4+ years (yes, every one of them) I'm a fan, it's one of the very few things I spend money on for only myself that I enjoy. I have lots of friends over to watch and we have a great time.

My house is setup with multiple screens and everything hinges on Dish equipment.

What a pisser.

Reactions: whitewolf8214
this is total crap.

I've been buying UFC on Dish for the past 4+ years (yes, every one of them) I'm a fan, it's one of the very few things I spend money on for only myself that I enjoy. I have lots of friends over to watch and we have a great time.

My house is setup with multiple screens and everything hinges on Dish equipment.

What a pisser.

That sucks man. If you want to continue to be the host for these events you may have to invest in a Roku and some kind of HDMI splitter to feed all of your TVs if you have the internet to support it. If not you may have to switch providers.

Hopefully this is a quick negotiation and they get back on Dish before the next event. You never know with these things though.

i have firetv's everywhere. Maybe i can buy UFC through that or get the ufc app sideloaded.

i have firetv's everywhere. Maybe i can buy UFC through that or get the ufc app sideloaded.

From a quick google search it doesn't look like Fire TV supports the UFC app. Like you said, it may be possible with sideloading but I'm not sure.

The reason I mentioned a splitter is because they may limit the amount of active streams you can have at once. I've never used UFCs internet offering but MLB.tv seems to cap theirs at 6 active streams at a time. Some other streaming services limit you to one active stream at a time. Depending on how many TVs you are trying to feed you may not be able to stream to all of them with one PPV purchase.

Another issue if you try to stream to all of them at once instead of using a splitter is the internet connection. Depending on how fast your internet speeds are and how many TVs you are trying to feed you might not have enough bandwidth to support it.

Interesting UFC message. They usually say switch to a different sat/cable provider to get X programming, but UFC just says to look into alternative methods just to get UFC.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)