No Viacom-- Now what?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
In response to SDC, I watch and miss the same channels that have been removed by Viacom. Like I said, I will miss my CBSHD. My kid watches Nickolodeon as well and will probably miss it. This may provide him a valuable lesson in that you can't always have what you want, and besides he can watch another channel if he needs his cartoon fix. If he doesn't like the other channels than tuff.
We can all agree that Viacom channels will eventually be back, so its a waste of energy to get pissed off about it. If TV is really the most important thing to you and you can't wait it out, then call Dish and beg to get out of your contract. If you don't mind rates going up due to greedy media conglomerates like Viacom then the money to get out of your contract would be peanuts.
I think that more people need to give the thumbs up to Chalie Ergan and Dish Network for sticking up for what is right instead of whining about a temporary loss of favorite channels. I will miss them, but I can wait if it means my rates don't go up at the same rate as cable.

Still satisfied ;)

Personally I can skip on the Channel of Bu** S*** (CBS). It's only the Nick station that I really want back after they solve the negotiations issues (without a price increase to the customer).

Keep on watching.

cnacht said:
Maybe people wounldn't care so much about the Viacom networks being yanked if they got a life and did something else with there time or better yet stop using TV to babysit our kids. I applaud Charlie for not giving in. Of course I would like to have my channels back up. I really miss CBSHD, but somebody has to stop this slippery slope of rate increases that the Media conglomerates place on consumers. I also applaud TW for standing up to Disney last year. This will probably only last a short time so please suck it up and stop whining because hopefully we will get a better value for our money in the long run. And if you don't like the present situation stop complaining and go to Directv or cable. Beware, there is no guarentee that they won't be in the same situation when there contract is up or keep raising rates like the cable companies.
blah, blah,blah blah blablalalala (yawn) blah, blah, blaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh
hey buddy check out the name of this website :"SATELLITEGUYS"
we're here to talk about our passion (satellite tv and many other audio/video related items) and talk about the spoils of haviing satellite T.V. and the gripes yes it has become a family thing, but that's o.k. I'll raise my kids the way I want and you raise your kids (by they you talk It doesn't seem like you have kids and if you do I pity them) the way you want.

are you the guy that was mad because there was no weather satellite forum?
:D :shocked

sheesh people......

Just thank your lucky stars we haven't had a MAJOR solar flareup killing ALL the satellites circling the globe. Then what would you all be bleeting about.

Remember.

1) Satellite TV is a LUXURY
2) Dish has quite plainly stated that channels ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE (read your contract)
3) Children won't DIE by not watching TV
4) LIFE GOES ON!

Do I like it that they couldn't reach agreement : probably not - I'm "channel agnostic" :)
Am I gonna get all flustered 1 day after this all happens : no
Should I see a bigger rebate (AEP +HD +LOCALS): probably.

But heck... Missing some TV is not the end of the world... open your eyes, explore it and enjoy life...

Thems a big thar world out there, ya know!

Gredneck, I too have a passion for satellite. As you can see I registered at this site around the same time you did, and I am registered at DbsTalk as well. I don't post much, but I couldn't keep quiet on this issue.
A lot of people are trying to argue both sides of the issue. If you get every channel you want rates are going to go up. The same people that argue that we don't have enough content will turn around and argue that it is too expensive. I have subsribed to Dish since 1999 because I feel that it was a better value than cable and Directv, and I still think it is, Viacom or not. I hope Charlie hangs in tough to set a precident that hopefully other content deliverers can follow.
I have read the website name and am here for the passion of satellite as well, but I can only read so many posts on how Charlie Ergan ruined my week of TV watching, Made my wife and kids kill me, and had the nerve to increase my rate at less than the cable company (and Inflation) and still give better value.
By the way, please don't pity my child and the one on the way because they will be able to respect what I want them to watch and what I tell them they need to do. They won't have to blame their misery on Charlie Ergan and Dish Network when something doesn't go their way. They will look at the principle of the issue and wait for a better solution rather than get what they want now and pay a larger price later.

cnacht said:
Gredneck, I too have a passion for satellite. As you can see I registered at this site around the same time you did, and I am registered at DbsTalk as well. I don't post much, but I couldn't keep quiet on this issue.
A lot of people are trying to argue both sides of the issue. If you get every channel you want rates are going to go up. The same people that argue that we don't have enough content will turn around and argue that it is too expensive. I have subsribed to Dish since 1999 because I feel that it was a better value than cable and Directv, and I still think it is, Viacom or not. I hope Charlie hangs in tough to set a precident that hopefully other content deliverers can follow.
I have read the website name and am here for the passion of satellite as well, but I can only read so many posts on how Charlie Ergan ruined my week of TV watching, Made my wife and kids kill me, and had the nerve to increase my rate at less than the cable company (and Inflation) and still give better value.
By the way, please don't pity my child and the one on the way because they will be able to respect what I want them to watch and what I tell them they need to do. They won't have to blame their misery on Charlie Ergan and Dish Network when something doesn't go their way. They will look at the principle of the issue and wait for a better solution rather than get what they want now and pay a larger price later.

cnacht,

You're absolutely right. Dish should be able to change rates whenever they want, remove channels as they wish and try to get the best value to the consumer for their money and make a profit, but not to people who have signed a contract with them! The point is that people who want to watch those channels are not able to watch those channels and they are paying for them. No it's not the end of the world, and my kids don't even know that the channels are gone, but that still doesn't make breaking a contract right when at the same time hold you to it. I tried canceling my service and was told that my contract was up in May and that I would have to pay a $200+ fee for canceling. I've been a subscriber since 97 but purchased a 508 last year. So unless I fight over a few channels, I'm held to a contract and E* doesn't. Well, at least I've got a few cartoons on the PVR.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)