Status
Please reply by conversation.

brian24740

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 30, 2005
Princeton,WV
:( Direct Sales Team,

Please see the update below. You will receive training on the Voom offer starting as soon as tonight.

Sales:
4/29/2005: 1517 Voom Customers - UPDATE

If you receive a call concerning the press release regarding DISH Network and current Voom customers / programming; we will have a special offer available for current Voom customers effective Sunday, May 1st. Please advise the customer to call the direct sales line effective Sunday, May 1st.

Once the offer is available, if you are not a direct sales agent ask the Voom customer to call 1-800-WOW-HDTV to reach our direct sales agents. We will not have an offer for Voom programming for existing DISH Network HD customers May 1st; however it will be available in the near future.

Thanks!

Don Perrotta

CSC Direct Sales

Training and Communications Manager

Sounds like it is a hardware promotion only available to former voom subs, I don't see why if a current dish sub has a dish at 61.5 he couldn't order the programming if he wants it

As soon as I see the channels in my guide I am going to call and try to order.

this would be a very stupid move by dish. man, once i start giving them credit??? i just can't see them doing this.

I'm with BFG on this one, for the life of me I can't see dish from stopping a current sub wanting to pay for a 2nd dish, or one that already has a 61.5 dish from picking up the voom channels.

I know dish doesn't always make the best decisions, but this one is a no brainer.

This is also stupid for Non-Voom new subscribers--where do they fall in this? Also, if ex-Voomers have to pay $100 for a dish they already have, except it says VOOM instead of DISH, then what an unbelievably ignorant company this is and I am really hoping a third Satellite Provider will start up and give some competition and quality.

If this is true, they really are droppin the ball and instead of scoring a homerun, they just struck out with the bases loaded... I will wait until tomorrow to see if current HD subs could get them. Also what about if you are a current customer to both, are they going to deny it as well. Stupidity if it is true...

bookwalk, it's not so much the voom dish but the LNB. It's not compatable with dish's HD receivers.

I'm actually surprised that we havn't seen any different clear cut news, than we did yesterday.

BrianMis said:
bookwalk, it's not so much the voom dish but the LNB. It's not compatable with dish's HD receivers.

it is not with Dish Pro hardware but it is with legacy hardware (I will assume). I have legacy hardware and will connect the 61.5 voom dish to the switch 64 as soon as I know that the programming is available to Dish Customers.

It's very simple to me. If Dish won't let a current subscriber get these channels as soon as they are available, I'll be dropping Dish that day. It's a question of principle. I've already tossed a grand down the drain with my dysfunctional 921. Add this bit of stupidity and I could no longer justify giving Dish another dollar.

I have confirmed that this message concerns hardware and ONLY hardware. There is no free upgrade for Dish Network customers yet. That is what they are working on. The current Dish 61.5 install is $99 (requiring SW21/DP21 switch) other switches are extra.

However if you live in a city that has some locals at 61.5 and you subscribe to locals, you are entitled to a FREE dish, installation and switches per FCC ruling with NO STRINGS ATTACHED!

These are the cities with some locals at 61.5: Atlanta, Boston, Buffalo, Chicago, Cleveland, Detroit, Greenville (SC), Indianapolis, Louisville, Memphis, Minneapolis, Nashville, New York City, Orlando, Paducah, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Roanoke, St. Louis, Tampa and Washington DC

See ya
Tony

Oh My GOD! I have to WAIT another DAY just to get the VOOM channels. How will I LIVE!!!

Come on guys. This is ridiculous. Why is it that anytime we get some good news, then some totally expected, and lame problem from E*, that everyone goes balistic????? Give it a rest and wait a couple of days and see what happens...... V* may have had a contract with E* that ONLY former or current V* subs could get the channels for a week or 2 BEFORE the rest of the subs get them. IF this is the case, yes E* should have said something. BUT, it is NOT unusual.

I am an existing dish customer with voom, and I have someone from dish coming to move my 148 dish 300 to 61.5. The install will cost me a hundred bucks, but if I find out that because I currently have dish I cannot get voom, goodby dish in a minute...

TNGTony said:
I have confirmed that this message concerns hardware and ONLY hardware. There is no free upgrade for Dish Network customers yet. That is what they are working on. The current Dish 61.5 install is $99 (requiring SW21/DP21 switch) other switches are extra.

However if you live in a city that has some locals at 61.5 and you subscribe to locals, you are entitled to a FREE dish, installation and switches per FCC ruling with NO STRINGS ATTACHED!

These are the cities with some locals at 61.5: Atlanta, Boston, Buffalo, Chicago, Cleveland, Detroit, Greenville (SC), Indianapolis, Louisville, Memphis, Minneapolis, Nashville, New York City, Orlando, Paducah, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Roanoke, St. Louis, Tampa and Washington DC

See ya
Tony

If it's just the 61.5 dish, then that's good news. We knew that these V* channels would come off of 61.5. We thought it might have to do with proof of previous V* ownership of some kind. Some of us on the east coast already have the 61.5 dish so we should be able to order them, right?

Tony,

I've read the E* press over & over again. Do you recall anything about these Voom channels being available to a select group only? I sure don't! Am thinking lots of people are believing the CSR's. What's your take?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)