No WB offered in HD ?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

sprintcarcrazy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Dec 18, 2003
Really would like Smallville in HD, but are to far away to get OTA WB's/UPN, no way to get it in HD from dish ?

I don't know if they just aren't interested in getting it in HD, or if they are waiting for WB/UPN merger to finish up before offering anything. Smallville will be part of the new CW line-up, so wait and see if CW-HD happens or not.

Weezknight said:
I don't know if they just aren't interested in getting it in HD, or if they are waiting for WB/UPN merger to finish up before offering anything. Smallville will be part of the new CW line-up, so wait and see if CW-HD happens or not.

I heard that E* wasn't going to add any WB or UPN networks because they are not considered "full time" networks. Hopefully CW will be added as it will be one.

garys said:
I heard that E* wasn't going to add any WB or UPN networks because they are not considered "full time" networks. Hopefully CW will be added as it will be one.

In my area the LIL HD does not include PBS-HD either, and that surely is considered a "full time" network.

FreddyvsJasonvsAsh said:
Dish will most likely carry CW-HD

No, they won't be carrying it. The affiliates that are carrying CW have been told that there will NOT be any national (DBS satellite) distribution of CW-HD.

Call the GM at your local CW station and ask him or her.

Bill R said:
No, they won't be carrying it. The affiliates that are carrying CW have been told that there will NOT be any national (DBS satellite) distribution of CW-HD.

Call the GM at your local CW station and ask him or her.

Can you post some info to back this up? I don't have a local CW station yet. Also, are you saying there won't be any nation CW distribution or just no HD feed?

This is the info on have on the current superstations

WPIX, KWGN and KTLA will become affiliates of the new CW Television Network, while WWOR will join forces with MyNetworkTV, and WSBK is scheduled to return to its independent status, all during September of 2006.

Got the info from here
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dish_Network

Last edited:
SatinKzo said:
Can you post some info to back this up? I don't have a local CW station yet. Also, are you saying there won't be any nation CW distribution or just no HD feed?

The information I got was from a station GM so, no, I don't have a link to back that up. That is why I suggested that you call a CW station GM.

I was told that there won't be any national distribution of the CW HD network and that is what I posted. Yes, some of the superstations will be CW affiliates but their HD feeds will not be distributed nationwide. That could change over time as new agreements are reached but on launch of the CW "network" that is the current plan.

that's not what people are saying...the local HD will be made available to people not a national feed which you are correct but the local will......The CW will be bunched in with the other local HDs. Maybe not at first but most likely by years end

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)