Status
Please reply by conversation.

kulakovich

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 19, 2005
Massachusetts
Hi folks!

It would seem that when I first started assembling pieces and parts for this hobby a few years ago, that our a la carte services were mighty.

Now, most places only offer 20 channels a la carte, with stipulations that you have to have 4-5 other services to even be allowed to order certain other channels.

Right now, CBS just yanked its cooperative saturday morninhg programming with NickJr, and the morning line-up is another sad and grossly commercialized intellectual wasteland. No Blues Clues, No Dora, No Backyardigans.

So - Does anyone know of a provider that has Noggin a la carte? I'd gladly switch over to them in order to get Noggin for my kids.

Thanks for your time!

kulakovich

Sorry, I dont' know about getting it alacarte.

But I'll pass along that a month or 2 ago I renewed my subscription at NPS and got their "digital essentials" package. It has all I need for 199/yr. Actually they were running a promotion and I think I got it for only about 170.

Sure, it ain't free, but it's a whole lot of tv for 17/mo.

tdti1 said:
Do you have Ku-band? SRL has a MTV mini pack on Ku-band:

http://www.programming-center.net/WebForm1.aspx?AD=D

Hi! I do have Ku - I am guessing this is all digital though? I have a 650i - I heard that if you authenticate with your analog, you can still receive on your 2500a if you send the output from the analog to the digital - is that true?

I have the GI650i, and I could hook it to my Pansat 2500a if that is the case. I though I heard this worked, so long as you were authenticated on the analog box.

kulakovich

You have the right idea there using the Pansat with the 650i. The only problem is, to receive and subscribe to the MTV mini pack, you're going to need a 4DTV receiver since the programming is in DigiChipher 2, which your Pansat can't receive and decode. Yes, it's digital, but not in the DVB format that the Pansat receives.

ah - so I am getting into a 920 at the very least then? Is that still Motorolla-or-nothing? Sorry for the dumb questions - I did my homework a while ago, but I'm sure its different now.

Ok so I just found the "differences in 4dtv" thread, so I guess I'll be over there!

Thanks to all who helped out, I am much closer to having good kids programming - just need to figure the 4dtv part, which I've managed to dodge for a while now!

kulakovich

kulakovich said:
Ok so I just found the "differences in 4dtv" thread, so I guess I'll be over there!

Thanks to all who helped out, I am much closer to having good kids programming - just need to figure the 4dtv part, which I've managed to dodge for a while now!

kulakovich

Skyvision and NPS have great deals on the 4dtv new with warranty.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts