Noggin still not 24/7?

GordonR

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 11, 2006
New Hampshire
I know 'N' was added yesterday, but the channel guide still shows Noggin switching over at 6pm to 'N'.
Does anyone know if this will switch over next week or sooner?
Thank You!

It wouldn't surprise me to see a change tonight. (Just FYI Digiblurs Uplink computer is down.. however John H is keeping a close eye on things.)

It's amazing how many ways DISH can find to screw up.

But hey, at least your 4 year old now has a choice of two different channel locations to watch That 70's Show at night.

I would hope that Dish mapdowns The "N" sometime soon. It is lost and lonely up at 9576.

Maybe The "N" was the reason the other Viacoms (HD's) were delayed. Perhaps Dish intentionally did not mapdown The "N." Sounds like something Charlie would do if he were forced into this at the last moment by Viacom. If The "N" is not assigned a mapdown channel, that would be odd and may indicate an intentional treatment of The "N" by Dish. There are channel numbers available near Noggin. We shall see.

There's no reason it should be up there to be mapped down anyway. Mapdowns are (usually) only used for HD or locals.

However, there just aren't any open channel slots in that area unless they kill Nick GAS. Closest is 165, in between VH1 and CMT.

I suspect this is a temporary solution until they can do some kind of channel shuffle. They were probably contractually obligated to carry The N full time, but they hadn't worked out all the other details yet. So they just quietly buried it up top.

Wow...there are only 3 open channel numbers in the 100s...155, 164, and 165.

They really need to do a major reshuffle one of these days. I remember when DirecTV did one back in the day, where they changed dozens of channels.

WOW, I've never seen Snoopy so HAPPY. Life must be good right now!!!! Maybe, Charlie can keep Snoopy dancing for a long time to come.

Psssst, Charlie- Ch. 165, & Speed, FX, AMC, E! HD

I think the N is at a temporary location. Some of the NICK channels will be soon changing names (and possibly formats) in the very near future

Wow...there are only 3 open channel numbers in the 100s...155, 164, and 165.

They really need to do a major reshuffle one of these days. I remember when DirecTV did one back in the day, where they changed dozens of channels.

I am all in favor or a one-time major channel shuffle/reorganization, but that will probably never happen as too many senior citizen Dish customers would be thrown for a loop and freak out and get mad. Instead, the forthcoming 922 interface is not focused on the channel number, but on the name of the channel, then you select it. That does make more sense, sometimes. I think Dish sees that as the solution to channel assignments.

The problem is, Dish never, in its wildest dreams, never thought it would ever be a big as it is now with over 2000 (yes, two-thousand) channels provided and more than 13 million subs. They started with 40 channels and surely thought that 100 channels would be a fantasy. Back in those days, the banks were just one satellite failure away from owning Dish Network. When folks beat-up Charlie on this board, they forget how far he has taken Dish and how it was Charlie who started the satellite revolution by using the rebate then lease model and first to understand and fight for LiL's, although Direct TV's very late alliance with Dish on LIL's did get the legislation through.

I would love a feature that would allow me to organize my own channels in any order I wish

I am all in favor or a one-time major channel shuffle/reorganization, but that will probably never happen as too many senior citizen Dish customers would be thrown for a loop and freak out and get mad. Instead, the forthcoming 922 interface is not focused on the channel number, but on the name of the channel, then you select it. That does make more sense, sometimes. I think Dish sees that as the solution to channel assignments.

Just because we are old doesn't mean we are stupid. Have you seen some of the posts of some young whippersnappers? :D:D:D

You wont see a major reshuffle as there are too many headends out there where the channels would need to be retuned. This would require a lot of man hours.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)