NOMINATIONS NOW OPEN - SatelliteGuys Best of 2012 Award!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Nominations are NOW OPEN for the SatelliteGuys Best of 2012 Award!

bestof.png

All active members may nominate what they think is the best thing to happen in the Satellite World this year! Then on November 18th we will close nominations and then will allow our Pub Members to pick the top 5 nominees from all nominations submitted. On November 21st we will then place a public poll here in the operations center for all members to vote. Voting will remain open until December 2nd. The company that gets the most votes will then be awarded the SatelliteGuys Best of 2012 Award at the 2013 CES Show in Las Vegas!

There will also be prizes for those participating. The final 5 nominations as selected by the Pub Members will receive a $25 Amazon.COM Gift Certificate! And the person who nominated the item which gets selected as the SatelliteGuys Best of 2012 Award Winner will also receive an additional $100 Amazon Gift Certificate! Plus we will be selecting 5 random voters at the end of the voting process to also receive $25 Amazon Gift Certificates!

Here are the rules:

For Nominations -

1) Pick your nomination carefully each member is only allowed one nomination!
2) User must post "I nominate...(and their nomination and perhaps a reason reason why.)" in this thread.
3) Nomination must be Satellite Industry, or IPTV Related and must have happened in 2012.
4) Nominations posted elsewhere or containing more then one nomination will not be counted.
5) If the same item is nominated more then once, then the first nomination of that item will count. The duplicate nomination will be discarded. So check the other nominations before submitting your nomination!
5) Note the DISH Network "DIRT Team" is not eligible to be nominated or win, since they won the award last year.
6) Nomination Entries made after 11:59PM Eastern Time on November 18th, 2012 will not be counted.
7 Open to all members and staff (excluding Scott & Eva Greczkowski) in the United States, Puerto Rico or Canada.
8) No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law.
9) No prize substitutions.
10) Decision of the Judges is Final.

OK that is it... so put on your thinking caps and think back to what you think the satellite or IPTV industries did best in 2012!

Thanks for being SatelliteGuys!

Last edited by a moderator:
I take it this can be an event or a device but not a person. AM I correct?

I nominate the entire Hopper system. I'm assuming it counts since it was released this March. Not sure if counting the whole system disregards the other features mentioned or if they can compete with each other. Maybe just treat this nomination for the whole home HD DVR features it offers.

I nominate Charlie Ergen as the best thing for the satellite world. Beyond the Hopper, Charlie as the leader of Dish Network has introduced the Autohop and PTAT industry firsts. He continues to think outside the Box on other issues concerning the Satellite industry. He continues to not just accept the rising cost of the programmers, and for better or worse will allow them to take away their programming if needed. The result is Dish does cost less in most instances. While it may not always be great losing channels, most do come back. He continues to see the overwhelming advantage for customers in having a DIRT team. Furthering why he should be selected, Direct TV, adding sports no matter the cost in the past has now changed direction and recently has not jumped on adding some sports and in one small instance charges a premium because of RSN's. They see what Charlie has seen for quite sometime now.
He shook up the industry when AMC was dropped - then added back with an additional channel. He was rightfully scrutinized over that and the VOOM lawsuit, but that's what happens when someone leads. He felt the VOOM programming was not what he signed up for and followed through. In the end given he did not pay for VOOM for those years, it's reasonable to say Dish did much better than most of us thought they would with that lawsuit. Love him or hate him, he's the story of the year, really nothing else comes close.

Think I nominated them last year but,...

Gotta nominate Dirt again.They are truly a great asset to this site.Mattg,MaryB,RaymondG,ZachS,and my apologies to those names I forget.Kudos to you all!

I nominate Scott for his tireless efforts to bring us timely and accurate news, updates and a vehicle for all of us to participate in many ways. Also, his dedication to charities like Make-A-Wish and his stint as a Hopper mascot doesn't hurt. ;)

Last edited:
I nominate the satelliteguys website as the best thing to happen to satellites...with out this site a lot of us would be lost and not know much about whats going on in the satellite world. There are all kinds of information out there, but only one site has the track record that people can count on time and time again.

Thanks satelliteguys!!!

Think I nominated them last year but,...

Gotta nominate Dirt again.They are truly a great asset to this site.Mattg,MaryB,RaymondG,ZachS,and my apologies to those names I forget.Kudos to you all!

They won last year so they cannot be nominated again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)