non entry to win a dish 222 reciver

digitalartifact

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 25, 2006
Even though I feel more then qualified to enter the win a 222... I do not have high speed internet at home (or low speed for that matter as I can not reliably get 28.8Kbps)... thus joining you in chat at 6ish tonight to see if I won and respond in the 60 second time frame would not be piratical for me... :(

so who ever wins this nice receiver... please accept my early congratulations:)

Sailing the seven seas?

Who in this country, besides the economically disadvantaged, doesn't have at least a 56K connection?

Even though I feel more then qualified to enter the win a 222... I do not have high speed internet at home (or low speed for that matter as I can not reliably get 28.8Kbps)... thus joining you in chat at 6ish tonight to see if I won and respond in the 60 second time frame would not be piratical for me... :(

so who ever wins this nice receiver... please accept my early congratulations:)

When I was in Vermont visiting in-laws, they had 56K, but it usually was just 42k.

And SatelliteGuys was painfully slow on it.

When I was in Vermont visiting in-laws, they had 56K, but it usually was just 42k.

And SatelliteGuys was painfully slow on it.

Even in PDA mode? When I view Satelliteguys from my Blackberry I always use PDA mode and I'm guessing that a 56k modem is similar speed to the Verizon Blackberry speed.

Rural Areas often have outdated phone company lines (& old analog processing connecting hardware). DSL or Cable is NOT available.
I pay for 56k dail-up but because of the outdated phone system here,
the best speed I ever get is 26.4k (Less than half speed).

And wild blue/huges is too expensive for my meager retirement funds.

lol

My reliable internet options:
1) Wild Blue
2) huges

AT&T is my house provider of dial out service... even though my phone works well I am way to far away from the Switch to receive any DSL... I have spent a few bucks attempting to get even 28.8 to work... to much static on the line (at least its inaudibly static).

Last edited:
I have wireless interenet and have had for over 2 years, its slower than advertised but beats the heck out of the best 42k I was getting with dial-up there is cable out here, (thanks to a forward thinking man who put in a rural cable system then sold out)but I do not know if cable internet is available here or not... biased against cable since they were the enemy in the C-Band days. ;)

dfergie, what cable co do you have where you live. My father-in-law has US cable and has a cable modem with them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)