Non toll-free PPV order line for ExpressVu?

Carnivore

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 18, 2006
I've never ordered a PPV program on ExpressVu before but I missed the Survivor finale after watching the entire rest of the season, and I see BEV is repeating it all day as a PPV.

Unfortunately it doesn't seem to be available to order online, and I'm out of the country so I don't think I can reach their toll-free PPV ordering voice line. Is there a non-toll-free number I can call, or is there another way to do this?

here's a direct number for ya check your pm.

Thanks but that was BEV's main number and it doesn't seem possible to get into the automated Pay-Per-View ordering system through it.

There's a toll-free 866 number in Canada to get into this automated PPV phone ordering system. What we need is the corresponding non-toll-free number that would go to that same line. It's not the same as the main number which only gets you to a human during business hours (usually after a long hold time).

This is something you might also want to try...

This works in reverse for me calling DishNet from Canada. I bought an AT&T calling card at WallyMart in Canada. It allows me to call US only 1-800 numbers from Canada. Maybe it will work for you in the US calling a Canadian number.

Take Care
SatboyZ

I actually tried doing that with my Onesuite account, by calling Onesuite's Toronto access number. Unfortunately it wouldn't let me call a toll-free number. I'm surprised AT&T puts your calls through to 800 numbers...do they bill you for them?

Anyway I got somebody back in Canada to put the phone order in for me. He had to jump through some hoops to find the 5-digit order code, since it's not shown in the program guide at Bell.ca, or on the screen on my receiver. They sure don't seem to make it easy for me to give them my money!

Use Nobel instead

Guys,

If you use nobel.com's calling card, it works. I use Nobel and Onesuite. Both are good, but I find Nobel gives you far more local access numbers (especially in Europe). Anyways, I am in Whitby, ON right now and I just tried using the local access number to get onto the Nobel network and then call the toll-free Express Vu number. And it worked.

Keep in mind that you will be charged for the connection time. At $.02 per minute, I wouldn't be too worried though.

Don

Yes they do bill..

I think it is around $0.05 a minute. Been awhile since I have had to call them. I do everything online.

On a side note - I was thinking of trying Skype - its free at least until the end of the year.

Satboyz

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)