Non-warranty repair for owned Hopper

cryptotech

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 21, 2006
I'm considering buying a Hopper. If it dies after the warranty period, what is the repair procedure and cost. Will dish exchange the bad one for a good one just like a leased receiver? If so, how much do they charge? I don't currently have the protection plan.

Don't buy, unless you think you won't be able to fulfill the 2 year contract.

They have always treated my owned receivers the same as my leased ones by sending out a replacement.

I'm considering buying a Hopper. If it dies after the warranty period, what is the repair procedure and cost. Will dish exchange the bad one for a good one just like a leased receiver? If so, how much do they charge? I don't currently have the protection plan.
Yes $15. 00 (swap shipping) if no protection plan. $0.00 if so. And again, better to lease than buy.

PP is $7 a month. 99.99% sure it covers owned equipment. Maybe DIRT can confirm 100%.

They treat it like a leased receiver, $15 without protection plan, $0 with. No contracts or extensions.

As others have said there is no advantage to buy a receiver. The monthly subscription costs are the same. If a leased receiver dies, I think they have upped the shipping fee to $17. I replaced numerous 722's and only paid the shipping fee. If you need a tech visit, you can activate the protection plan for 6 months and then cancel instead of paying $95.

As others have said there is no advantage to buy a receiver. The monthly subscription costs are the same. If a leased receiver dies, I think they have upped the shipping fee to $17. I replaced numerous 722's and only paid the shipping fee. If you need a tech visit, you can activate the protection plan for 6 months and then cancel instead of paying $95.

You're right. It is now $17. Forgot.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

I had a 722 die a few years ago, and never have had the protection plan. Dish replaced it, didn't charge me a dime, and it's still owed by me. I've never asked for much, but when I do, they ALWAYS treat me well. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts