Noob question about new Dish service

kariya

Original poster
Jan 19, 2008
Hi there. Ive been reading through all the forums trying to decide between Dish and Directv. I seem to be leaning towards Dish because of their DVR features (especially watching the DVR from a 2nd room). My question is this:

I would like to get 2 HD DVRS (722's?) One for the front room that has HD that I can also watch from the office. The 2nd one would go in a 2nd bedroom and be able to be seen in the master (Both standard tvs but am planning on getting a HD tv in the master eventually).

Does DISH allow new users to get 2 HD DVR's for free? I would prefer both being 722's but one 622 and one 722 would be ok as well.

Also does DISH have a referral program like Directv does for new subscribers?

Thanks for all your help.

Chris

Hi there. Ive been reading through all the forums trying to decide between Dish and Directv. I seem to be leaning towards Dish because of their DVR features (especially watching the DVR from a 2nd room). My question is this:

I would like to get 2 HD DVRS (722's?) One for the front room that has HD that I can also watch from the office. The 2nd one would go in a 2nd bedroom and be able to be seen in the master (Both standard tvs but am planning on getting a HD tv in the master eventually).

Does DISH allow new users to get 2 HD DVR's for free? I would prefer both being 722's but one 622 and one 722 would be ok as well.

Chris

I just got Dish Network installed yesterday after having DirecTV for several years and LOVE Dish Network.

The VIP722 HD DVR is fantastic and the video quality beats DirecTV in my opinion. Even the wife is happy we switched and she normally doesn't care who we have as our TV provider.

As far as I know the offer is only good for 1 free DVR.

Yes, Dish has a referral program worth $50 for everyone you get to sign up.

Febuary 1st you can add up to (2) Additional DVR 612's for $99 each.

However the Free 6 months of Free HD go away!

Give us a call at the Dishstore.. 800-807-0837 and we'll explain all the promotions and get you the best deal!

Just PLEASE PLEASE dont be another statistic, please read over your contracts, disclosures, 1st bill for 2 months, rebates and so on . PLEASE!! lol

dont forget you have a 90 day warranty(if installed by dish) and a 30 day warranty (if installed by retailer)

again READ ASK and ASK . lol

just got an upgrade today-- they said they were out of 622 so Dish approved us for two 722s at 149 ea with 100 rebate for each

Just PLEASE PLEASE dont be another statistic, please read over your contracts, disclosures, 1st bill for 2 months, rebates and so on . PLEASE!! lol

dont forget you have a 90 day warranty(if installed by dish) and a 30 day warranty (if installed by retailer)

again READ ASK and ASK . lol

This is simply false as the warranty on the equipment and the install are the same if you have dish install the system or a local retailer. Actually if you know the local retailer that is the best method as if dish does the install you are not sure who you will get but the local retailer will send the same guy out to install and service the system. If you want to use a club dish certificate email me at mike2154@swbell.net and I will give you a number to use and you will not have to pay the $49.99 installation fee. Dish is a great system and you can get 2 HD DVRs on a new install but I doubt they offer you a 622 option as that will not be a receiver that will be offered for a new account anymore from what I have been told. If you need further information contact me via pm as I can answer most questions you might have regarding a new install.:hatsoff:

Chris

If programming is more imporatant you should go to Direct. If equipment is more important go with Dish. I really think it's that simple.

If programming is more imporatant you should go to Direct. If equipment is more important go with Dish. I really think it's that simple.
I don't think it's as simple as saying "programming". I personally don't care about Sci-fi HD or USA HD, so there's really no reason for me to go to Direct. Plus, it's already been announced that my locals will be one of the first new HD local launches on Dish. So Dish is perfect for me. For someone else, Direct may be the way to go. You can't just say, "if programming is more important you should go to Direct." Don't forget that Dish WAS the HD leader for a long, long time until Direct just recently caught up and surpassed Dish. You have let your distaste for Dish be known in more than one thread. WE GET IT!

What worthwhile programming does E have over D?
"Worthwhile" is a personal opinion. Not everyone watches the exact same channels that you watch. That's why I said Direct may be better for some people, Dish may be better for others. For me, what is worthwhile is my locals in HD. Neither sat provider has them now. Dish has announced that they will be one of the first local HD launches this year, so unless Direct has them before Dish, I'm perfectly happy. As for the HD channels that I watch regularly, Direct doesn't have any that Dish doesn't have.

DiscoveryHD, TLCHD, ESPNHD, and ESPN2HD are the channels I watch the most. They're carried by both. Both my RSN's in HD are carried by both. I also watch WorldSportHD and GamePlayHD which are only carried by Dish.

I'm not saying you're not understandably upset with Dish for not carrying the channels you want. But they are just that, the channels YOU want. Sure there are other people like you who are upset, but there are also other people like me that are perfectly happy with Dish and realize that the HD channels that are not carried will be carried soon enough.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts