NoobAsks: FTA iLINK IR250 equivalent on PC??

Status
Please reply by conversation.

minimalistix

Original poster
Sep 5, 2012
United States
greetings everyone,

i currently have a dilemma, cause i want to get rid of the ilink and move that functionality to xbmc on my HTPC(ive seen it on youtube working fine)

what tv tuner card i need to buy to get this working on my HTPC?

HTPC specs
CPU: Phenom II X2
Memory: 16GB DDR3 PC10666
HDD: 2TB WD Green
GPU: AMD 5450 1GB

Whats an ilink, and what is it doing when you've 'seen it working on youtube? It sounds mysterious.
edit: Ok, I googled it and found them on ebay, seems to be a very small fta receiver, mpeg2 only, allegedly with blind scan ability.
Couldn't get the youtube thing to work, internet must be bogged down for me right now. They're only 77bucks on ebay, but I couldn't say whether I'd want to try one, in this day and age I believe I'd wait until I could buy a more full-featured HD box with mpeg4 capability.

Last edited:
I was stuck at what
that functionality
was in actuality. What is it that you do with the ilink that you want to do with the HTPC? There's some pretty suave PC users here. If they had a clue I bet they'd let you know how they do it. ir250< is this a IR remote? (asking because I just don't know)

Maybe it has a nefarious purpose, lol. It's not a remote control though, I did find a picture of the box on ebay, looks like a tiny fta receiver.

From the post in the Dish forum, I would say this is a legit question re FTA. But, with that, if he were speaking Fantu (Ghana), I might understand it better. So, please explain what this iLink does for you, and what you want to do. If the mods brought the other thread over here and merged it with this, there MIGHT be a better answer.

Welcome to SatelliteGuys and FTA.
POP

From the post in the Dish forum, I would say this is a legit question re FTA. But, with that, if he were speaking Fantu (Ghana), I might understand it better. So, please explain what this iLink does for you, and what you want to do. If the mods brought the other thread over here and merged it with this, there MIGHT be a better answer.

Welcome to SatelliteGuys and FTA.
POP

i've seen it working at a friends house, the ilink receiver, its used to receive the signal from the dish in his roof. he uses it to watch SAT tv, i dunno what sattelite he is using, but thats the basic idea.

if you need more info, i will ask him personally what setup does he has and what is he doing with it.

Link won't resolve to anything, ftalist.com is down/missing. But the G19 part I get, that's available on The List here, top of the pages on this forum. If you get a big enough dish with a linear lnbf, sure , that receiver should be able to pick up G19 programming just fine.
There's over 200channels on that one, so you shouldn't lack for variety, lol. There's plenty of foreign and religious channels on it too.
Look for a 90cm dish or bigger, for stable signals.

can be done with any DVB-s PCI or usb card that can use windows media center or one that has BDA drivers so it can use Media portal. Then you just the the plugin for XBMC and your up and running.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts